Windows Vista Home Premium Driver Error RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I currently have vista home premium and I have dial-up for internet connection.  My system lost connection to the internet and I am having trouble getting it to work.

I ched device manager and it is show exclamation points by 6to4 drivers and several istap: drivers as well.  I've rebooted my system several times and have tried to disable/enable to fix the problems.  When I go to up date the driver it tells me that my system is already updated and installed.  When I chk for solutions it tells it chks for solutions, but stops and never displays a solution.  Error CODES 31, 633.  Should I delete the drivers and allow windows to reinstall automatically or what can I do to resolve this issue.  I am unable to connect via the internet and I didn't receive a disk with my system.  I have an ACER model laptop.

Please help!

Thank you,

-Terelix

Florida 

Monday, August 25, 2008 3:48 PM

Answers

• Microsoft has introduced that the 6to4 adapter problem would not cause any network issues in the following article.

On a Windows Vista-based computer or on a Windows Server 2008-based computer, the Microsoft ISATAP adapter appears with a yellow exclamation mark next to it in Device Manager, and you also receive an error message
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932520/en-us 

The Internet connection issue can be caused by several reasons. First of all, let us know if the computer connects to Internet via a modem, or it connects to a Internet port that is provided by an ISP(Internet Service Provider). Also, please tell us if the Internet connection never works, or the issue just started to occur recently.

Check the connection status first. Click Start->Control Panel->Network and Sharing Center, click Manage network connections. If the Internet connection is disconnected, enable it. Also check the properties of the connections.  

If you do not have a network connection for the Internet connection, follow the steps below.

Set up a connection or network item (Dial-up to ISP)
    ==================================

1. Click Start->Control Panel->Network and Sharing Center.
    2. Click Set up a connection or Network in the left pane.
    3. Choose Connect to the Internet.
    4. Select Broadband (PPPoE).
    4. Type a User name and Password which get from your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
    5. Type a connection name for this connection.

Set up a connection or network item (Dial-up to Modem)

3. Select Set up a dial-up connection.
    4.Type a User name and Password which get from your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
    5.Type a connection name for this connection.

Does the issue persist? If so, go on to follow the suggestion below.

If the computer connects to Internet via an ISP, in order to confirm if the issue is caused by the computer, or the Internet server, try to connect the computer to another Internet service port. If the issue does not occur, contact your ISP to resolve this issue.

Otherwise, if the issue persists after you connect to another Internet connection port, try to download and install the latest network adapter driver.

http://www.acerpanam.com/flex/acer/bin/acer.html#app=2766&9e7c-selectedIndex=0&3386-selectedIndex=1&bca4-selectedIndex=1&bf37-selectedIndex=1&4f90-selectedIndex=1

Access the above website, select the correct model and download the driver.

However, if you are using a modem and no ISP is involved, let us know the model of the modem, and if the modem works when you try to connect to Internet.

Hope it helps.

Thursday, August 28, 2008 2:23 AM

All replies

• Microsoft has introduced that the 6to4 adapter problem would not cause any network issues in the following article.

On a Windows Vista-based computer or on a Windows Server 2008-based computer, the Microsoft ISATAP adapter appears with a yellow exclamation mark next to it in Device Manager, and you also receive an error message
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932520/en-us 

The Internet connection issue can be caused by several reasons. First of all, let us know if the computer connects to Internet via a modem, or it connects to a Internet port that is provided by an ISP(Internet Service Provider). Also, please tell us if the Internet connection never works, or the issue just started to occur recently.

Check the connection status first. Click Start->Control Panel->Network and Sharing Center, click Manage network connections. If the Internet connection is disconnected, enable it. Also check the properties of the connections.  

If you do not have a network connection for the Internet connection, follow the steps below.

Set up a connection or network item (Dial-up to ISP)

3. Choose Connect to the Internet.
    4. Select Broadband (PPPoE).
    4. Type a User name and Password which get from your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
    5. Type a connection name for this connection.

Set up a connection or network item (Dial-up to Modem)

3. Select Set up a dial-up connection.
    4.Type a User name and Password which get from your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
    5.Type a connection name for this connection.

Does the issue persist? If so, go on to follow the suggestion below.

If the computer connects to Internet via an ISP, in order to confirm if the issue is caused by the computer, or the Internet server, try to connect the computer to another Internet service port. If the issue does not occur, contact your ISP to resolve this issue.

Otherwise, if the issue persists after you connect to another Internet connection port, try to download and install the latest network adapter driver.

http://www.acerpanam.com/flex/acer/bin/acer.html#app=2766&9e7c-selectedIndex=0&3386-selectedIndex=1&bca4-selectedIndex=1&bf37-selectedIndex=1&4f90-selectedIndex=1

Access the above website, select the correct model and download the driver.

However, if you are using a modem and no ISP is involved, let us know the model of the modem, and if the modem works when you try to connect to Internet.

Hope it helps.

Thursday, August 28, 2008 2:23 AM
  • This is worth a try. Run this command (as an admin) from a command promt:
    netsh winsock reset
    Wednesday, January 6, 2010 1:54 PM