How to select incoming mail messages based on specifc string found on its first and second lines RRS feed

• Question

• I need to setup a Rule or a script in Outlook to check each incoming e-mail for a specific string at the beggining of the very first line of the e-mail and another string at the beggining of the second line.

If any of the strings are found in the middle or end of those lines or anywhere else on the remaining lines it should not be tested.

The standard Rule bilder in Outlook allows me to check strings at the header or body of the e-mail, but not just from the beggining of the line. Since any of the referred strings can easily be found elsewhere in the mail, I was looking for a solution to restrit the check to the beggining of the referred lines only.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 5:20 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Office for IT Professionals Outlook forum.

As you already known, the standard Rule builder in Outlook doesn't provide an option to achieve the goal. I'm not familiar with script, but I don't think this is possible as the first line and the second line may change as the width of the message window changes.

Besides, since we are not the best resource for coding, if you want to achieve this via script, you may post a new question to the Outlook for Developers forum to confirm it.

If I've misunderstood something, please feel free to let me know.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Friday, March 2, 2018 2:15 AM
    Thursday, March 1, 2018 7:25 AM
  • Just wanted to say hi and check if there is anything that I can do for you on this problem. If so, please do not hesitate to let me know and I will be happy to help.

Best Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, March 5, 2018 9:37 AM