Windows 7 logon screen - as in domain RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have computer running Windows 7 Ultimate. This computer is not domain member. I have on this computer some user accout. I want to have logon screen as in Windows 7, which is logged in domain. I want have on logon screen only last logged user name. No other users. Only last logged username and button Other users which show me two boxes for Username and Password. Nothing more (like in domain). Can you help me:) I hope, that solution is simple...:)

DontDisplayLastUserName is not a solution...I want display last username...but only last...:)

Thank you for you help!

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 12:00 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Based on my researched and test on my machine, there is impossible to remover “Other Users” on Windows 7 logon screen.

Thank you for your understanding.

And this link maybe helpful to you:

http://superuser.com/questions/182375/always-display-the-last-default-user-windows-7-welcome-screen

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Friday, December 24, 2010 1:21 AM
    Monday, December 20, 2010 2:12 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on my research, I found you can configure the welcome screen to classic logon screen in Windows 7:

1. Click Start, type gpedit.msc, and then press Enter. This opens the Local Group Policy Editor with the top-level Local Group Policy object open for editing.
    2. In the editor, expand Local Computer Policy, Computer Configuration, Administrative Templates, System, Logon.
    3. Double-click Always Use Classic Logon.
    4. Select Enabled, and then click OK.

This link maybe helpful to you:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ff394947.aspx

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, December 17, 2010 7:54 AM
  • Hi,

thank you for your reply. I try this, but it not works... I try it on clean install on Virtual Machine, but without succes. I restart computer several times, but without any success...

Friday, December 17, 2010 9:31 PM
  • Hi,

Based on my researched and test on my machine, there is impossible to remover “Other Users” on Windows 7 logon screen.

Thank you for your understanding.

And this link maybe helpful to you:

http://superuser.com/questions/182375/always-display-the-last-default-user-windows-7-welcome-screen

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Friday, December 24, 2010 1:21 AM
    Monday, December 20, 2010 2:12 AM