Seperate 32bit & 64bit sequenced apps RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

My organisation is planning to roll out virtualised apps, on both client machines and on terminal servers. My question is how can I ensure that when a client logs onto Win7 32bit client that tey recieve only the 32bit app and when going onto the TS (Server 2008R2) they recieve the 64bit app.

My understanding was that if I create two AD groups for APP1 called APP1-32bit and APP1-64bit, and place the user in those two groups they will recieve both the apps. My only thought on how to do it was to install the desktop client and point it to a managemnt server that has 32bit applications and intsall the RDS client and point it to a management server that hosts 64bit applications.

If anyone can suggest another way that would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Thursday, March 17, 2011 9:48 AM

Answers

• This is what the OS tag in the OSD file controls: http://www.softgridblog.com/?p=126, you can view these options in the Deployment tab in the Sequencer as well.

Create two apps - assign to the same group, but change the OS tag so that the 32-bit app only lists 32-bit OSs and the same approach for 64-bit apps

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.
    • Marked as answer by Lus7y Thursday, March 17, 2011 11:33 AM
    Thursday, March 17, 2011 11:22 AM

All replies

• This is what the OS tag in the OSD file controls: http://www.softgridblog.com/?p=126, you can view these options in the Deployment tab in the Sequencer as well.

Create two apps - assign to the same group, but change the OS tag so that the 32-bit app only lists 32-bit OSs and the same approach for 64-bit apps

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.
    • Marked as answer by Lus7y Thursday, March 17, 2011 11:33 AM
    Thursday, March 17, 2011 11:22 AM
  • Cheers for the info, I should of picked that one up :-/

Thursday, March 17, 2011 11:33 AM
  • Hi Lus7y

The best way to achieve this is to use the <OS> tag options in the OSD Files. For APP1 only include the -32Bit <OS> values (e.g. <OS VALUE="Win7"/>) and for APP2 only include the -64Bit <OS> values (e.g. <OS VALUE="Win2008R2TS64"/>). This will stop the App-V client showing the -64Bit App2 application when the user is logged onto a -32Bit client and visa versa. 

Thursday, March 17, 2011 11:44 AM