Driver power state failure BSOD win7 64bit need help RRS feed

• Question

• Hey thanks a head of time guys, I have got a blue screen twice now while browsing the web. I believe in both instances it occurred just after waking the computer up out of sleep mode. I was able to write down the phrase mentioned in the topic but no code sorry. I read something about Jmicron controllers being someones problem, but I'm not sure. I have an up-to-date SATA III controller I believe from asus, and have the up-to-date bios flashed from November I believe.

It's funny that It has only started to happen as of January 2011... I just read something about daemon tools? is this linked to XBMC media player by chance? I recently started using it from good reviews. Anyway I have my mini dump file 296kb in size, I just don't know how or where to upload it. :s Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

I use a Asus P6X58D premium mobo

i7-930 4 core cpu

win7 home edition

850w corsair psu

asus gtx480 gpu

6GB G.Skill ram 1600 tripple channel.

and a 1TB western digital 6GB SATA III Black caviar hard drive

• Changed type Arthur Xie Monday, January 17, 2011 6:41 AM
    Thursday, January 13, 2011 11:31 PM

Answers

• You may boot in Clean Boot Mode.

Perform a clean startup to determine whether background programs are interfering with your game or program

If the issue persists in Clean Boot Mode, I suggest you upgrade the network adapter driver. If it does not help, you can try to check the driver signature. To do so, in Start Search box enter sigverif.exe. Then click the start button in “File Signature Verification”. In the result list, please pick up *.sys files, rename one of them and then shut down or restart to check if the issue still occurs. If the issue persists, rename another *.sys file listed in the result of driver signature verifying, and check result again. By doing so we can determine which un-singed driver is the root cause.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Tuesday, January 25, 2011 6:52 AM
    Monday, January 17, 2011 6:47 AM

All replies

• Can you zip up the minidump files in the C:\Windows\Minidump folder and make available (provide link) via Windows Live SkyDrive or similar site?

The following link has information on using Windows Live SkyDrive:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/4fc10639-02db-4665-993a-08d865088d65

If you have problems zipping the minidump files copy the minidump files to another location such as a folder on the Desktop

Friday, January 14, 2011 5:03 AM
  • You may boot in Clean Boot Mode.

Perform a clean startup to determine whether background programs are interfering with your game or program

If the issue persists in Clean Boot Mode, I suggest you upgrade the network adapter driver. If it does not help, you can try to check the driver signature. To do so, in Start Search box enter sigverif.exe. Then click the start button in “File Signature Verification”. In the result list, please pick up *.sys files, rename one of them and then shut down or restart to check if the issue still occurs. If the issue persists, rename another *.sys file listed in the result of driver signature verifying, and check result again. By doing so we can determine which un-singed driver is the root cause.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Tuesday, January 25, 2011 6:52 AM
    Monday, January 17, 2011 6:47 AM