Forgot Password on New Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• I had just installed my windows 7 ultimate, and I filled my username, usercomputer name, and new password with its hint.

But when all the installation had finished, I couldn't login to my account. I don't know why, because I think that I didn't type wrong password there. I'm really sure that it must be true password.

At first, I find another account, with no name and no password. When I tried to type on it, it didn't work. Then I clicked on 'reset my password'. I knew it needed a 'Password Reset Disk'. But, because of I didn't have it before, i didn't use that. And then I was trying and trying to type my right password. Until so many times I'd try, I still couldn't login. So I decided to re-start my computer.

After that, I still couldn't login. And I can't switch to another user now. What must I do? Please help me...asap. Thank you

Sunday, September 4, 2011 11:09 AM

Answers

• بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

see this link http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itprosecurity/thread/68f9b720-831c-4895-9616-483d54ac4090 Note: i know some program to do it but not recommended from microsoft

Mohamed Abd Elhamid Abd Elaziz Microsoft System Administrator Abdul Samad Al Qurashi Co.
    • Marked as answer by Niki Han Friday, September 9, 2011 7:57 AM
    Tuesday, September 6, 2011 7:22 AM

All replies

• Reinstall the OS again.  It only takes ~30 minutes and will take a lot less time than troubleshooting a forgotten password.
    If you found this post helpful, please "Vote as Helpful". If it answered your question, remember to "Mark as Answer".

Rich Prescott | MCITP, MCTS, MCP

[Blog] Engineering Efficiency | [Twitter] @Rich_Prescott | [Powershell GUI] Client System Administration toolkit
    • Proposed as answer by Raju.Mudaliar Wednesday, August 8, 2012 9:51 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Raju.Mudaliar Wednesday, August 8, 2012 9:51 AM
    Sunday, September 4, 2011 3:40 PM
  • بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

see this link http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itprosecurity/thread/68f9b720-831c-4895-9616-483d54ac4090 Note: i know some program to do it but not recommended from microsoft

Mohamed Abd Elhamid Abd Elaziz Microsoft System Administrator Abdul Samad Al Qurashi Co.
    • Marked as answer by Niki Han Friday, September 9, 2011 7:57 AM
    Tuesday, September 6, 2011 7:22 AM
  • you can go to the SAFEMODE and log in by administrator and change your password there , if you forget the administrator password also , you can use the Active @ boot to change all password together .

here: http://www.ntfs.com/boot-disk.htm

Regards,

MCP | MCTS | MCITP
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 10:31 AM
  • Windows 7 now are popular PC system in our daily life.
    IF you using Windows password Recovery tool 3.0. There are some steps for you to following in recovering password:
    1. Try leaving the password blank. More often than not, the Administrator password doesn't exist at all! Just press Enter without typing anything when asked for it.
    2 . Enter the password to your account. Often times, depending on how Windows 7 was setup on your computer, the primary user account will also be the administrator user account.
    3 . Try to remember your administrator password. If you installed Windows 7 on your computer yourself, you probably set the administrator password during the Windows 7 installation process. If that's true, you might be able to make really good guesses at what the password might be.
    4 . Have another user enter his or her password. If there are other users that have accounts on your Windows 7 computer, one of them may be setup with administrator access.
    5 . Recover Windows 7 administrator password using a password recovery tool. Password recovery tools are software programs recover Windows 7 password without reinstalling the OS.
    6 . Perform a clean installation of Windows 7. This is a last resort option. This type of installation will completely remove Windows 7 from your PC and install it again from scratch.
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 9:42 AM
  • I recommend Ophcrack as it is said to be the best free of charge Windows password recovery tool. Ophcrack is an open source (GPL licensed) program that cracks Windows passwords by using LM hashes through rainbow tables. The program includes the ability to import the hashes from a variety of formats, including dumping directly from the SAM files of Windows. It is claimed that these tables can crack 99.9% of alphanumeric passwords of up to 14 characters in usually a few minutes. PC Login Now is another recommended freeware, which means that you can use the program free or for a small donation. This tool allows you reset your Windows passwords and unlock locked accounts on Windows 7/XP/Vista and Windows 2000, 2003, Server 2008. Instead of recovering your password, PC Login Now erases the current password and allows you to create a new password for you as soon as possble.
    Friday, February 3, 2012 2:42 PM
  • 1. Reset password with password reset disk or administrator account.

Reset your Windows password:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Reset-your-Windows-password

If you forget the administrator password and don't have a password reset disk or another administrator account, you won't be able to reset the password. If there are no other user accounts on the computer, you won't be able to log on to Windows and will need to re-install Windows.

What to do if you forget your Windows password:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/What-to-do-if-you-forget-your-Windows-password

2. Reset password with software.

If cannot reset your lost password by the ways Method 1 describes, try to get Windows 7 password reset software and create a password boot disk to reset windows password offline.

Ophcrack, chntpw, Spower password tool etc.

forgot windows 7 password, what can i do?
    • Edited by kingsomn Monday, March 12, 2012 7:14 AM
    Monday, March 12, 2012 7:12 AM
  • I think you can go to safe mode to reset windows 7 password, you can learn more how to reset windows 7 password on safe mode from this article: Three Simple Ways to Reset Windows 7 Password.
    Tuesday, May 15, 2012 1:15 AM
  • I would use the free hirens bootable live cd and use the offline password changer, and remove the password that way,  it has other options like lock and unlock accounts, etc.

boot from hirens, find offline password changer, then just follow the text wizard.

• Proposed as answer by Raju.Mudaliar Wednesday, August 8, 2012 10:02 AM
    Tuesday, May 15, 2012 6:15 PM
  • The first step is to ask help from the windows 7 password disk, but the prior is you create it when you still remember the password. If you don't, what you can do is to find a third party windows password reset tool to help you reset windows password. Very simple to reset windows 7 password using iAidsoft windows password recovery.
    • Proposed as answer by johnq816 Wednesday, September 26, 2012 3:01 AM
    Wednesday, September 26, 2012 3:01 AM
  • Hey. Don't worry. Though you haven't created a reset disk before. You can create a reset disk with your USB flash drive with Windows Password Key.Here are detailed steps below:
    Step 1: Download  Windows Password Key in another accessible PC.
    Step 2: Run the downloaded file and install it.
    Step 3: Burn a reset USB with Windows Password Key.
    Step 4: Remove the password with the burned USB.
    Monday, August 25, 2014 9:30 AM