locked
Profile Import Problem - SQL Error RRS feed

  • Question

  • I have MOSS 2007 Standard Edition SP2.

    The profiles are not updated from SSP's database to Content DB's. We have one content DB per site collection and we remarked that one of the user who just get married (new name, email & login) has not updated her profile info. MySite Info are ok but she still view the "Welcome old user" on the site collection where she works.

    I tried :

    • stsadm -o sync deleteolddatabases 1
    • stsadm -o sync
    • Delete the Server cache
    • re run stsadm -o sync
    • the database in question was in "moving" state in the SSP DB -> I changed it back to 0 with stsadm -o preparetomove -contentdb DBName -undo
    • re run stsadm -o sync

    Nothing changed!!!!!

    I see in the logs that there is always the error :

    SQLException while Executing the cache invalidation simple timer job. We will not abort the job, and will retry in 60 seconds: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid object name 'AR_CacheCounters'.     at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)     at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)     at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)     at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData()     at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()     at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runB...

    I know this error come from SP1 because there is a missing stored procedure that only exists with Enterprise Edition. This error comes with the "Quick Profile Import" job. I think this is why data are not updated. But I need to find how to resolve it!!!!

    Any ideas? From Microsoft?


    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 11:22 AM

Answers

All replies

  • There are quite a few things which can cause the users name to not update properly in the SharePoint sites

    ·Database is marked as read-only in SQL Server

    ·Database status set to ‘Offline’

    ·Site Collection is set to read-only

    ·Profile Import is running

    ·Content Database is in a ‘Moving’ state (stsadm -o preparetomovecommand was previously ran).

    ·User is not active in SharePoint

    ·Web Application is excluded from sync

    ·The Office Server Web Services web application has a bad SSL certificate.

    Database is marked as read-only in SQL Server

    ·Remove read-only setting on database in SQL


    Database status set to ‘Offline’

    ·         Set the database to ‘Ready’ in Central Administration > Application Management > Manage Content Databases

     

    Site Collection is set to read-only

    ·         Remove read only lock in Central Administration > Application Management > Site collection quotas and locks      

     

    Profile Import is running

    ·         Allow the user profile import crawl to complete

     

    Content Database is in a ‘Moving’ state (stsadm -o preparetomovecommand was previously ran).

    ·         Run the following query to determine which databases are in the moving state.

    ·         Replace SharePoint_Config with your configuration database name

    ·         Replace SharedService1_DB with your Shared Service database name

     

    Select Name from Sharepoint_Config.dbo.Objects  with (nolock)
    where id in
    (Select Distinct ContentDBId from SharedServices1_DB.dbo.SiteSynch with (nolock) where Moving = 1)

     

    ·         Run the following stsadm command to unset the moving flag for each database returned in the query

    ·         Stsadm -o preparetomove -contentdb <SQL Server Name:Database Name> -undo

     

    User is not active in SharePoint

    Run the following stsadm commands to sync inactive users. This will increase the amount of time that the sync job takes to complete on the next run.

    ·         Stsadm -o sync -ignoreisactive 1

    ·         Stsadm -o sync -deleteolddatabases 0

     

    Web Application is excluded from sync

    Run stsadm -o sync -excludewebapps to get a list of excluded web applications.

    Remove the web application URL from the output of the previous command. Then run the following to update the excludewebapps property.

    ·         Stsadm –o sync excludewebapps “List from previous command minus URL of web that is not syncing “

    ·         See Sync: Stsadm operation at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc263196(office.12).aspx

     

    The Office Server Web Services web application has a bad SSL certificate.

    ·         See resolution section of KB 962928 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/962928

    Thursday, June 2, 2011 11:10 AM
  • Hi,

    Thanks to share your post.

    For the issue, the error says that the database name that you have connected with the stsadm is 'AR_CacheCounters'. Is this the real database that you want to connect? Please check whether there is any database 'AR_CacheCounters' in the database server.

    And also see the followed articles:

    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc263196(office.12).aspx.

    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc262122(office.12).aspx.

    Hope this could help you!

    Leo

    • Marked as answer by David HM Friday, June 10, 2011 9:29 AM
    Friday, June 3, 2011 7:46 AM
  • The 'AR_CacheCounters' is a stored procedure that does not exists in the standard version of SharePoint. The problem is that sinc the SP1 it tries to use it even it if does not exists and I thin this is ptobably the problem.

    Veera Raj, thank you for your help but you just mentionned all the things I already tried and I really have no more ideas!!!

    Tuesday, June 7, 2011 2:49 PM