Cannot find Aero SystemColors for windows 7 folder info RRS feed

• Question

• Sorry if this issue has already been answered in some thread. Would appreciate if someone can answer this question or direct me to the proper thread.

In windows 7, when you open Computer from Start, at the bottom of the UI you can see the name of the machine as well as Domain name, processor name and memory. I could not find the colors used for these labels from aero systemcolors list on this url:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/wpf/archive/2010/11/30/systemcolors-reference.aspx

None of the aero Systemcolors specified in the above url matches the colors used for these labels. Can someone please help me with the systemcolors that I should be using in my application so that it resembles that of windows 7?

Thanks.  

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 3:16 AM

Answers

• Hi,

The label systemcolor seems 185 209 234

Background seems 240 240 240

But I cannot find the color similar with textbolck

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Monday, December 27, 2010 12:58 AM
    Wednesday, December 22, 2010 7:16 AM

All replies

• Hi,

After I tested on my machine, there is no item of “Details pane” in Windows Color and Appearance. It cannot change color of details pane of it.

Also it quite complex to use third party tools to change the color of details pane, these links maybe helpful to you:

http://www.windows-vista-update.com/customize-your-shell-style-changing-colors-of-toolbar-and-detail-pane.html

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/14158-colour-of-details-pane-and-command-bar-and-progress-ba

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Tuesday, December 21, 2010 7:11 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by rkibria Wednesday, December 22, 2010 3:00 AM
    Friday, December 17, 2010 7:46 AM
  • Thanks for your reply.

I do not want to change the detail pane colors. All I want to know is what systemcolors to use so that the labels on my application have the same color as the labels on the details pane. Something like SystemColors.ControlBrush etc. Because the labels seem to have one color while textblock has a different color on windows 7 detail pane, and I could not find what aero systemcolors they are! I need the systemcolors for label, textblock and background of details pane.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 3:06 AM
  • Hi,

The label systemcolor seems 185 209 234

Background seems 240 240 240

Regards,

Leo   Huang

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Monday, December 27, 2010 12:58 AM
    Wednesday, December 22, 2010 7:16 AM
  •  

Leo   Huang

Hi Leo, are you saying that effectively, there are no constants that windows uses to render text we see in the O/S?
    Thursday, January 13, 2011 6:56 AM