WerFault.exe problem - The instruction at 0x..... referenced memort at 0x..... The memory card could not be written. RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi, I am sorry if there is already another discussion concerning this I could not see one, and I just made an account for this. 

I have a random error with this message and things just randomly close when i am on my computer and then I can't open them back up. Some help/assistance to solving this would be great, thanks!

Sunday, January 13, 2013 3:37 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Werfault.exe is related to the Windows Error Reporting service. To temporary stop the issue, you can disable Windows Error Reporting service for check. However it's not a permanent solution.

You can try the following suggestions to stop the issue occur:

Perform a clean startup to determine whether background programs are interfering with program:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796

Use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows 7:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Spencer
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 3:26 AM
  • Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately none of the above suggestion have fixed my problem, not even the claimed temporary issue

The error message I am recieving reads as this: "The instruction at 0x00461751 referenced memory at 0x00461741. The meemory card could not be written."

Any further help would be much appreciated. At the moment every program is crashing with this error randomly at different points in time and then once they crash I must wait untill I can load them again. Sometimes when I run as administrator I can open previously crashed programs, although this does not fix the problem.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 10:37 AM
  • Hi,

A lot of werfault.exe errors are based on drivers. Make sure you run Windows Update and all of your manufacturer software is up to date as well.

Regards.

Spencer
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, January 17, 2013 5:26 AM