none
Task Reassign RRS feed

• Question

• I use Project Server 2010  and have two questions about Task Reassign.

1. I would like team leaders to reassign tasks. Where can they do it in PWA apart from editing the project plan?
    2. When I click on the Reassign button in My Tasks, there are a limited number of resources to whom the task can be reassigned. I tried adding a resource using Build team in PWA but the resource didn't show. Did I miss a step?
    Monday, July 8, 2013 7:48 AM

Answers

• HFprojects Ness --

1.  If you assign the task to a team leader, then the team leader can use the Reassign button on the Tasks page in PWA.

2.  The list of resources you see in the Reassign dialog includes only team members.  If you are not seeing the team member, this means you did not publish the project after adding the team member.  Remember, you must publish the project in order for ALL information in the project to show up in PWA.

Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by HFprojects Tuesday, July 9, 2013 8:15 AM
    Monday, July 8, 2013 9:15 PM

All replies

• HFprojects Ness --

1.  If you assign the task to a team leader, then the team leader can use the Reassign button on the Tasks page in PWA.

2.  The list of resources you see in the Reassign dialog includes only team members.  If you are not seeing the team member, this means you did not publish the project after adding the team member.  Remember, you must publish the project in order for ALL information in the project to show up in PWA.

Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by HFprojects Tuesday, July 9, 2013 8:15 AM
    Monday, July 8, 2013 9:15 PM
  • Hi HFprojects Ness,

Adding further, Team Lead has to have the below permission enabled in Global permissions:

Reassign Task: Allows a user to delegate an assigned task to another (existing) user. Grant this permission to members of your organization who need the ability to delegate task assignments to other resources. For example, a large project may be run by a single project manager, but actually implemented by several teams, each with their own team lead. A project manager could assign the team leads in the project plan, and then the team leads could in turn delegate each task to individual members of their teams. This example creates an additional layer of task management within the larger organization, but it can also simplify resource allocation within projects themselves and make it easier for a project manager to manage large projects. Or, if you have a resource that is about to leave on a three-week vacation, and this resource had this permission, they would be able to assign their tasks directly to other resources instead of having the project manager check out the project and reassign resources.

Reference# Project Server 2010 global permissions: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc197631(v=office.14).aspx

Cheers. Happy troubleshooting !!! Dinesh S. Rai - MSFT Enterprise Project Management

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, July 9, 2013 7:36 AM