Windows 8.1 pro preview stcuk at 44% downloaded RRS feed

• Question

• I have downloaded the 8.1 preview from the store 3 times now, always hangs at 44% downloaded. will not continue , no matter how long you wait. I am running Windows 8 Pro with Media Center. 

Any answers???????????????????

I'll just wait for the final release vrsion and then wait a few days before updating. Score another OPPS for MS.

Update :07/05/2013 - Woke up this morning and it had updated itself overnight, go figure

Saturday, June 29, 2013 6:08 PM

Answers

All replies

• ditto here... tried 3 times on new dell xps 18
    Monday, July 1, 2013 12:10 AM
  • Hi,

Whether you are using IE to download the iso file? You can download it via the following link

Download Windows 8.1 Preview

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/preview-download

Also, disable the firewall and anti-virus programs to see how it works.

Regards,

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Anthony_Mann Monday, July 1, 2013 3:29 PM
    Monday, July 1, 2013 8:27 AM
  • I have downloaded the 8.1 preview from the store 3 times now, always hangs at 44% downloaded. will not continue , no matter how long you wait. I am running Windows 8 Pro with Media Center. 

Any answers???????????????????

I'll just wait for the final release vrsion and then wait a few days before updating. Score another OPPS for MS.

Hello Wayne,

Have you tried tied using Download Manager like IDM, FlashGet if not please try to do so. It should work.

Thanks

Monday, July 1, 2013 8:42 AM
  • Thanks but as I said I'm just going to wait and let the rest of them be on Microsoft's "Bleeding edge of tech."

Wayne M Fenwick

Monday, July 1, 2013 2:47 PM
  • Thanks  for the input and advise, but I think I'll just wait until MS irons out the bugs, 

Wayne M Fenwick

Monday, July 1, 2013 3:49 PM
  • Same issue here.  I've tried it about ten times now and always gets stuck at 44%.  I'm going to try that flashget idea and see if that works better.
    Tuesday, July 9, 2013 12:53 AM