none
Project 2010 Professional - Printer Dropdown is not working RRS feed

• Question

• Anyone come across this issue?

On a windows 7 box,

While in Project 2010, I'll click on File>Print>click on the printer dropdown; the list of printers will display quickly and then vanish.

I've searched the internet and most have found that it's usually a printer driver.

However, if I log off the current user and log back on as a different user, clicking on the printers dropdown works just fine showing all the printers.

anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 4:41 PM

Answers

• It could then be a case of profile corruption, please try re-creating your user profile and then see if it works.

Sapna S

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 5:27 PM
  • That's exactly what was done.

We logged in user another account with admin rights.

Backed up users folder. We then deleted users profile from User Profiles in System properties.

There were a couple things in the users profile folder that it could not delete so we had to manually delete the folder.

We then logged back in as the user again which created a new profile for the user.

This procedure fix the original issue.

Of course we had to restore the users data from the backup folder.

Hernrube

• Marked as answer by hernrube Wednesday, June 20, 2012 5:47 PM
    Wednesday, June 20, 2012 5:46 PM

All replies

• It could then be a case of profile corruption, please try re-creating your user profile and then see if it works.

Sapna S

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 5:27 PM
  • That's exactly what was done.

We logged in user another account with admin rights.

Backed up users folder. We then deleted users profile from User Profiles in System properties.

There were a couple things in the users profile folder that it could not delete so we had to manually delete the folder.

We then logged back in as the user again which created a new profile for the user.

This procedure fix the original issue.

Of course we had to restore the users data from the backup folder.

Hernrube

• Marked as answer by hernrube Wednesday, June 20, 2012 5:47 PM
    Wednesday, June 20, 2012 5:46 PM