none
Windows 10 black screen with mouse pointer issue.

Question

• We are facing issue with few of users that if they login to any system with their respective AD user accounts they are getting a black screen with the mouse pointer for first 5-10 minutes.

Client System OS: Windows 10 Pro.
    AD Server OS: Windows Server 2012.

Thursday, January 18, 2018 1:21 PM

All replies

• I suggest that you may try to rename their profile and try to repro the problem again. Then we can narrow down whether this problem is caused by the user profiles. Also you may logon another machine with these account to ensure whether this problem is server related issue or client related problem.

As a test, you may create a new OU with an empty group policy options. Move these account to the new OU and try it again.

If the issue persists, you may perform a Clean Boot to check whether this problem is caused by third party software:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you,This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, January 18, 2018 1:50 PM
  • As i mentioned this specific issue is with few of users like 4-5 and the users belonging to same OU don't have these issues.
    I have tried your steps partially (please refer my upper statement) as I have tried these user login to some of another systems which other users using with no issues same issue persist for uses who have above mentioned issue, please suggest.

Best regards, Vinayak S

Friday, January 19, 2018 6:39 AM
  • Do you use roaming profiles for users? If answer is yes, please check size of roaming profiles.
    Friday, January 19, 2018 10:03 AM
  • Do you use roaming profiles for users? If answer is yes, please check size of roaming profiles.
    Nope we don't use roaming profiles for users.

Update :  We have tried user logon on new freshly installed OS system still issue persist to that specific users.

Best regards, Vinayak S

Friday, January 19, 2018 12:21 PM
  • Hi,

Seems that it is related to the user profile. 

What if you fix the profile issue by delete the current user profile but back up its data firstly, please refer to:

https://serverfault.com/questions/512420/domain-user-profile-messed-up-how-can-i-recreate-it-and-keep-docs-etc

http://www.tecknowledgebase.com/6375/fixing-a-local-or-domain-corrupted-profile-in-windows-7/

Note: this is a 3rd party link, we don't have any warranties on this website. It's just for your convenience

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 23, 2018 9:08 AM
  • Hi,

If you have any further problems, please feel free to contact me.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 2:02 AM