Remove Windows Phone 8.1 Voice RRS feed

• Question

• Good afternoon,

How can I remove a voice language from a Windows Phone 8.1 smartphone?

Saturday, April 21, 2018 6:30 PM

All replies

• Hi CNT,

Check the possible answer here https://windowsphone.stackexchange.com/questions/8547/how-to-remove-downloaded-speech-language-in-wp-8-1

"

It seems that the language pack you want to remove might be the primary language at this time. Move the language to remove to the second position & then long tap to remove.

Means: - Go to Settings>Language - Move the language to remove to second place by Long tap > "move.." option - Then long tap to remove the pack.

I tried this in "Denim" update. Not sure if this works in previous updates."

Regards

Simon

If you find that my post has answered your question, please mark it as the answer. If you find my post to be helpful in anyway, please click vote as helpful. Regards Simon Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Sunday, April 22, 2018 3:10 PM
  • Hi,

That works well for removing a all language pack, I’m only trying to remove voice, the ones used for Windows Phone to read something.

Trying to tap the secondary voice language does not open any menu that allows to remove that specific voice

Monday, April 23, 2018 5:25 PM