Wrong display name RRS feed

• Question

• Hi experts,

I have a contact in my contacts folder, which displays a wrong name. The name displayed is not one of our users, same issue happens when starting Outlook in safe mode. What can I do to correct this? 

Sunday, April 29, 2018 6:19 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Which version of Microsoft Outlook do you use? 

Do you mean a contact added in your Contacts folder or a contact in your GAL?

If it's a local contacts, since only a specific contact is affected, have you tried manually correcting the display name?

Is the contact linked to another contact unintentionally? We may click the three dots on the contact card, click 'Link Contacts' to verify this. Click 'X' button to remove the contacts that are incorrectly linked.

Besides, do you have you contacts synced with other devices? We may also try to temporarily disable the syncing and then see whether this issue still persists.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Thursday, May 3, 2018 6:15 AM
    • Marked as answer by zhtt123456789 Sunday, May 6, 2018 1:23 PM
    Monday, April 30, 2018 6:58 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Which version of Microsoft Outlook do you use? 

Do you mean a contact added in your Contacts folder or a contact in your GAL?

If it's a local contacts, since only a specific contact is affected, have you tried manually correcting the display name?

Is the contact linked to another contact unintentionally? We may click the three dots on the contact card, click 'Link Contacts' to verify this. Click 'X' button to remove the contacts that are incorrectly linked.

Besides, do you have you contacts synced with other devices? We may also try to temporarily disable the syncing and then see whether this issue still persists.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Thursday, May 3, 2018 6:15 AM
    • Marked as answer by zhtt123456789 Sunday, May 6, 2018 1:23 PM
    Monday, April 30, 2018 6:58 AM
  • Hi,

How is everything going now? Have you got an opportunity to try my above suggestions?

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Sunday, May 6, 2018 11:25 AM