none
SharePoint 2013 XML Sitemap - Different Domains RRS feed

• Question

• On a SharePoint 2013 Publishing site, I have the 'Search Engine Sitemap' functionality turned on.  It's working great, automatically building an XML Sitemap for me. 

I do have one issue: the sometimes the nodes reference a few domains instead of a single preferred domain. It seems that the subwebs are correctly referencing  www.domain.com, while the top site is referencing domain.com.  I'd like them all to use www.domain.com.

<url>
        <loc>https://domain.com/</loc>
        <priority>0.5</priority>
        <changefreq>weekly</changefreq>
    </url>
    <url>
        <loc>https://www.domain.com/subweb</loc>
        <priority>0.9</priority>
        <changefreq>weekly</changefreq>
    </url>

What would be the source of the different domains being referenced?  How can I get everything to use www.domain.com?

Thanks!

Brandon Petersen

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 4:29 PM

Answers

• Hi Brandon,            

Per my understanding, in the output result, the URL is a bit different between root site and sub site.

I suggest you deactivate the “Search Engine Sitemap” feature, then activate it again, run the “Search Engine Sitemap job Timer Job” manually to see if the issue persists.

Thanks 

Patrick Liang

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 13, 2015 11:27 AM

All replies

• Hi Brandon,            

Per my understanding, in the output result, the URL is a bit different between root site and sub site.

I suggest you deactivate the “Search Engine Sitemap” feature, then activate it again, run the “Search Engine Sitemap job Timer Job” manually to see if the issue persists.

Thanks 

Patrick Liang

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 13, 2015 11:27 AM
  • That worked great!  Thanks.

My only wish is that the XML Sitemap would use the Friendly URL's instead of the Physical URL's that we have set. 

Thursday, August 13, 2015 7:17 PM
  • Try setting the canonical url of your pages to the friendly url.
    Wednesday, November 11, 2015 1:26 PM