All windows keep going off-task RRS feed

• Question

• For the last 5 days, I have been trying to play a video game on my computer but every couple of minutes, the attention of my computer goes to something else for a split second.  I did a little bit of investigating to find out what it is that's causing this, and here's what I found:

I tried to delete the software or disable it but it blocked me from doing anything with it.  It's very annoying for it's distracting my computer from the game I'm playing and it's causing me to die more often than usual, as I have to click on my screen everytime it goes off.  

Please help me out with a resolution for this as soon as possible, it's quite irking.

Monday, September 25, 2017 3:44 AM

All replies

• Hi,

“I tried to delete the software or disable it but it blocked me from doing anything with it”

Which application you unable to delete?

Are there any error messages recorded in the Event Viewer(Windows Logs\Applications, System)?

Export them and upload to OneDrive, then paste the link here.

Try to login Windows as administrator and uninstall Minecraft from Control Panel.

We could stop Service panel\Windows Error Reporting service to stop Werfault.

Open task manager and find the javaw, right click it to open file location then delete the executable javaw.exe.

After that, please try to play video game in Clean Boot environment to check if the issue appear again.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Joy-Qiao Wednesday, September 27, 2017 1:33 AM
    Tuesday, September 26, 2017 6:48 AM
  • Which application you unable to delete?

Werfault

Are there any error messages recorded in the Event Viewer(Windows Logs\Applications, System)?

Not that I know of.

Try to login Windows as administrator and uninstall Minecraft from Control Panel.

Minecraft doesn't seem to be the problem here, for I've had it for a long time and this problem only started recently.  Also, my window gets distracted when Minecraft isn't open.

We could stop Service panel\Windows Error Reporting service to stop Werfault

That would likely be the best resolution, if it can be done.

• Edited by annispack Thursday, September 28, 2017 1:48 AM
    Thursday, September 28, 2017 1:48 AM
  • Hi, 

"We could stop Service panel\Windows Error Reporting service to stop Werfault"

If you existing environment not allow you to disable the service, we could try to stop it and restart it again.

I would strongly recommend you to check the issue in Clean Boot environment, to make sure if it is occurred by third party software.

For more detail information, export Event View to OneDrive, then paste the link here.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 28, 2017 9:53 AM
  • I tried running my computer in clean boot, the issue was still evident.
    Monday, November 13, 2017 5:27 AM