none
Self Service Initial Configuration RRS feed

• Question

• Hello nice people,

I have been dealing with out this issue for some time now, and I am not seeing any light at the end of the tunnel or even seeing the tunnel.

So self-service configuration as follows:

1.        Start Self Service recovery wizard.
    2.        Click create role and click next.
    3.        Name it and give it a description.
    4.        Add security groups and then click next
    5.        Click add, and then things just fall apart from here, because no matter what I put itis just liking it.

I have a Fail-Over SQL cluster with the default instance. So I put ServerName\MSSQLSERVER and then leave database name blank, and then click next then I get this error message:

The specified SQL instance (Whatever) is either invlaid or cannot be found. (ID: 32608)

Here’s other cobinations that I’ve tried

ServerName.DomainName.com\MSSQLSERVER

ServerName.DomainName.com\MSSQLSERVER\ServerName

I also tried adding a database name just to make it specific but that didn’t help either.

Please help me :(

Sunday, October 9, 2016 3:34 PM

Answers

• ** RESOLVED **

I had to use single label name and I must provide a value for the database for this to work.

SQL Virtual Server & Database name.

It would be nice if some can tell me how I can use the same role to restore of all databases instead of having to create 100s of roles, but the original issue has been resolved.

Thanks

HelpNeed

• Marked as answer by InfraMGT Monday, October 10, 2016 9:45 PM
    Monday, October 10, 2016 9:45 PM

All replies

• Hi!

Please add more information about your infrastructure (version, scheme and etc)...

Have a nice day !!!
    DPM 2012 R2: Remove Recovery Points
    DPM blog
    System Center
    Hyper-V

Monday, October 10, 2016 6:36 AM
  • SCDPM 2012 R2 running on windows server 2012 R2 physical server

It's a new instance, so there's not that much of backups just yet, and I am backing up a 2012 SP3 SQL databases.

I am not sure what other useful information I can provide, so could you please be more specific?

Thanks

• Edited by InfraMGT Monday, October 10, 2016 10:51 AM
    Monday, October 10, 2016 10:11 AM
  • ** RESOLVED **

I had to use single label name and I must provide a value for the database for this to work.

SQL Virtual Server & Database name.

It would be nice if some can tell me how I can use the same role to restore of all databases instead of having to create 100s of roles, but the original issue has been resolved.

Thanks

HelpNeed

• Marked as answer by InfraMGT Monday, October 10, 2016 9:45 PM
    Monday, October 10, 2016 9:45 PM