none
Schedule issues RRS feed

• Question

• I want to schedule a job that is working two shifts as follows;

7AM to 5PM

6PM to 4AM

I can't find a way to do this in project...

Monday, March 13, 2017 7:46 PM

All replies

• FRYE13,

First you need to create to custom calendars, do not simply change the working time of the Standard calendar, it's just not good practice. Create one calendar that has working time from 7:00AM to 5:00PM, perhaps with an hour for lunch. Create another calendar that has working time form 6:00PM to 12:00 AM and from 12:00AM to 4:00AM. You need to split it into two parts to cross over midnight.

It's not clear what happens from 5:00PM to 6:00PM but maybe that's a shift change downtime.

I would go ahead and create yet a third custom calendar to cover the full two shifts (i.e. 7:00AM to 5:00PM and 6:00PM to 12:00AM and 12:00AM to 4:00AM. Use this calendar as the Project calendar (Project > Properties group > Project Information).

You will also need to change the Default Start time (File > Options > Schedule group) to 7:00AM.

For resources working first shift, make their Base Calendar the 7-5 calendar and for resources working second shift, make their Base Calendar the 6-4 calendar.

That should get you started. Depending on a more complete picture of your "job", you may or may not need to make additional changes.

Hope this helps.

John

Monday, March 13, 2017 10:12 PM