The blue screen of distress!! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am a student from the UK. I purchased a Dell Laptop last year in July with Windows Vista Home Premium Service pack 2 32bit installed in my machine. throughout the year I have had been having on an average at least one blue screen of death error every 10 days!! I chose MS over MAC cause I thought I could trust MS blindly. Now the fact is that even though I have a genuine McCafee anti virus and 4gb of ram and also enough disk space, the blue screens are happening atleast twice a day!! I can't make a re purchase of Windows 7 as I don't have the money and certainly can't get Dell to fix my laptop as they don't offer international warranty!! what do I do?? I am sick and tired of the blue screen error! I don't know what to do as I don't have enough money to get this professionally fixed and I can't lose my data as it's got all my masters course work. I don't even have a big enough memory stick to take a back up... feel so cheated... Pls help or I am never gonna buy Microsoft again nor will I ever recommend anyone to buy this.. with a billion dollor company that MS is.. i hope someone from your organization can spare a moment to look into my serious problem and help me.. i have to finish my final dissertation and worried that I ma lose my data because of this.. please help me...

Saturday, July 31, 2010 3:05 PM

All replies

• I have managed to read the error code this time below are the details.. hope someone can give me the solution now.

=======================================

BUG CHECK STRING : IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

BUG CHECK CODE : 0x0000000a

PARAMETER 1 : 0x8013c110

PARAMETER 2 : 0x0000001b

PARAMETER 3 : 0x00000000

PARAMETER 4 : 0x82081e0d

CAUSED BY DRIVER : ntkrnlpa.exe

CAUSED BY ADDRESS : ntkrnlpa.exe+4dfd9

=====================================

from this I understand it's not a hardware issue for sure.. maybe my RAM .. pls help.. and I hope the above information helps

Tuesday, August 3, 2010 9:53 AM