locked
OWA 2003 published on UAG does not show the names of the Global Address List RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    I have OWA 2003 published on UAG. Everything works fine but when a user want to compose a new email and click on the TO button, and then type the last name for a user, the OWA never returns the list of names, instead it says: Unknown error - (strim of numbers here). Do someone know what is happening?

    Thank you!

    Thursday, December 23, 2010 10:09 PM

Answers

  • We found that there was also Exhange 2010 OWA published on the same portal with the same public host name, added a different public host name to OWA 2010 and all worked as expected.
    Wednesday, August 24, 2011 10:18 AM
  • Hi Bradley,

    I changed the public host name to another one, and then it worked again, thanks! Only thing is that I can't seem to get the OWA 2010 to work using the new host name, but I'm affraid that's because of my lack of UAG knowledge. I would like to use only one portal link, and be redirected to the other mail server if the mailbox is over there. This was working when I used the old host name, but now it isn't. I'll see if I can find a fix for this...

    Thanks for your solution, this is what caused the problem for us.

    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Friday, August 26, 2011 10:12 PM
    Wednesday, August 24, 2011 1:24 PM

All replies

  • UAG has some issues with publishing Exchange 2003, which are addressed by UAG SP1. Please upgrade to SP1, and test this again. If it still occurs, please paste the URL that is shown in the browser when this error is shown.


    Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS UAG/IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Monday, December 27, 2010 10:40 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by fsalgado Monday, January 24, 2011 9:57 PM
    Monday, December 27, 2010 10:39 PM
  • Hi Ben. I have not URL but a little box that says:

     

    Massage from webpage

    Unknown Error -2147467259

     

    I have UAG SP1.

    Monday, January 24, 2011 9:07 PM
  • I have also come across this one with UAG SP1 and OWA 2003, I ran an httpwatch trace and the content of the conversation actually returned the user list.

    It is just that the end user sees the error: Unknown Error -2147467259

    I have tried using both IE 6 and IE 9 to eliminate a browser problem, and OWA 2003 works as expected internally.

    Thursday, August 11, 2011 9:51 AM
  • We have the exact same problem. We use UAG SP1 with Exchange 2003 SP2, we get the "unknown error -2147467259" when searching the address book/global address list.

    When we try this by using OWA internally it works fine, so it must be a UAG issue.

    If I can test anything to help finding a solution, please let me know.

    Wednesday, August 17, 2011 9:46 AM
  • We found that there was also Exhange 2010 OWA published on the same portal with the same public host name, added a different public host name to OWA 2010 and all worked as expected.
    Wednesday, August 24, 2011 10:18 AM
  • Hi Bradley,

    I changed the public host name to another one, and then it worked again, thanks! Only thing is that I can't seem to get the OWA 2010 to work using the new host name, but I'm affraid that's because of my lack of UAG knowledge. I would like to use only one portal link, and be redirected to the other mail server if the mailbox is over there. This was working when I used the old host name, but now it isn't. I'll see if I can find a fix for this...

    Thanks for your solution, this is what caused the problem for us.

    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Friday, August 26, 2011 10:12 PM
    Wednesday, August 24, 2011 1:24 PM