Problems realted to changing the language for non-Unicode programs from one into anther. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Hi everyone!

Product Name: HP Pavilion dv6-6093ex

Product Number : LM610EA#A2N.

My Windows 7(464Bit) Ultimate,  and its base language, and display language is English.

The Languages(English, French and Arabic) built-in (came re-downloaded and re-installed by the person who made the Windows disc installation). Thus, while installing Windows 7, those three lanauge listed for me to choose one of them to be the base language and display language, I have chosen 'English'. In the End of installation, there are three pre-packaged languages(English and French and Arabic) can be used as a display language.

I would like anyone kindly to confirm for me why I have been facing these problems when changing  language for non-Unicode programs from English into Arabic.

First: After I have installed the  AMD High-Definition Graphics Driver (sp55092) 8.882.2.3000 on my laptop. The contents of the of Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel are partially shown in Arabic while language for non-Unicode programs is Arabic, however, they are completely shown in English while language for non-Unicode programs is English.

A: I found that contents of the of Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel are partially shown in Arabic (second screen shot below, however, when click on any options, for example 'Graphics properties' shown in Arabic in, the second window is shown in English) while language for non-Unicode programs is Arabic, and it doesn't matter what format or location is.

B- when I changed language for non-Unicode programs into  English.

I found that contents of the Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel are completely shown in English .

Second:

A- Only All Arabic contents will be displayed encryptely while language for non-Unicode programs is English

B-  All the Arabic contents are displayed properly   while language for non-Unicode programs is  Arabic.

Third: an error extracting drivers and software downloaded from official HP website while language for non-Unicode programs is English.

A-  I noticed an error extracting all kinds of comprised files(drivers and software) downloaded from HP website while language for non-Unicode programs is English and whatever location and format are:

B- However  while language for non-Unicode programs is Arabic, there is no error extracting files.

In conclusion, Is it normal for all of you the contents of the of Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel are partially shown in your native while  language  used for non-Unicode programs is your native lanague, however, they are completely shown in English while language for non-Unicode programs is English?.  IF so I would be saying that if I have wanted the  contents of documents written in my language Arabic to be shown properly, then then I must let the language for non-Unicode programs be Arabic. Is this happens with you as well?

Also, if I need extracting all kinds of comprised files(drivers and software) downloaded from HP website, then language for non-Unicode programs must be in my Arabic lanague English and whatever location and format are. Is this happened with you as well?

I would highly appreciate any clarification from you.

A man should convert his anger and sadness into strength to continue living in this life.

Tuesday, April 8, 2014 8:39 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I am confused about your issue.

when you changed language for non-Unicode programs into  English, it show English.

while language for non-Unicode programs is Arabic, it show Arabic, If it's none-Unicode.

This is correct. Why you think it's an issue?

About your second scenario description, I was not clear what you said. Could you give us a explanation?

Note: System display language is not the un-Unicode program language.

You can just choose one language to display the system at same time.

This article might be helpful to you:

Install or change a display language

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows7/install-or-change-a-display-language

Change the system locale

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/change-system-locale#1TC=windows-7

Karen Hu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by 暁北 Wednesday, April 23, 2014 2:20 AM
    Thursday, April 10, 2014 9:51 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I am confused about your issue.

when you changed language for non-Unicode programs into  English, it show English.

while language for non-Unicode programs is Arabic, it show Arabic, If it's none-Unicode.

This is correct. Why you think it's an issue?

About your second scenario description, I was not clear what you said. Could you give us a explanation?

Note: System display language is not the un-Unicode program language.

You can just choose one language to display the system at same time.

This article might be helpful to you:

Install or change a display language

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows7/install-or-change-a-display-language

Change the system locale

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/change-system-locale#1TC=windows-7

Karen Hu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by 暁北 Wednesday, April 23, 2014 2:20 AM
    Thursday, April 10, 2014 9:51 AM
  • Thanks a lot,
    spot on 'If it's none-Unicode. '

Then, how can I know whether a program or application is none9 Unicode or is Unicode?
    I couldn't know whether  the application software associated with Intel Graphics adapter is Unicode or none-Unicode. Thus, the user interface for application software associated with Intel Graphics adapter is English when the  language for non-Unicode programs is   English.
    However, when  language for non-Unicode programs is Arabic is Arabic.

Note: When I change  language for non-Unicode programs from Arabic into  English, the user interface for the application software associated with Intel graphics adapter is completely shown in English.
    However, Arabic contents in some other programs, such as 'Notepad', and some translators such as 'Golden AL-Wafi Translator' are encrypted.

A man should convert his anger and sadness into strength to continue living in this life.

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 10:32 PM