none
Content Search Web Part Displays No Results when Added To Page

Question

• I am trying to use a content search web part to display recently modified files on a site. When creating the query, I see results in the preview pane on the query builder. Once I add it to the page, no results are shown. I've attempted to re-create other, known working queries that we use elsewhere in the web application and those also behave the same. CSWP that existed previously are still working and displaying results as expected.

I have both re-indexed the site and run a full crawl in attempt to return results without success.

Wednesday, February 14, 2018 8:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You can configure the webpart

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/configure-a-content-search-web-part-in-sharepoint-0dc16de1-dbe4-462b-babb-bf8338c36c9a

Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the answer if it helps you

Wednesday, February 14, 2018 9:00 PM
  • It doesn't appear that you understand the issue. The web part is configured. My query returns results in the query search preview. The web part does not display results on the page.
    Wednesday, February 14, 2018 9:04 PM
  • Hi kmccr,

From your description, my understanding is that  you get the results show up in your test query while get no results on the page. 

Have you add some custom code which conflict with the search results.

Try to add another page and add the content search web part in the new page, compare the results.

Besides, here is an similar issue post for your reference:

https://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/123124/content-search-web-part-not-displaying-results

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, February 15, 2018 6:09 AM
  • I found that article before making the post and unfortunately it does not apply to our case. We are not using a custom Master Page and we have not implemented any custom JS Scripts.
    Thursday, February 15, 2018 1:22 PM
  • Hi Kmccr,

Try to add another page and add the content search web part in the new page, compare the results.

Best Regards, 

Lisa  Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, February 16, 2018 9:10 AM
  • Hi Kmccr,

Is there anything update?

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if it helps.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

Tuesday, March 06, 2018 10:27 AM
  • Hi Lisa...

I am experiencing the same behavior as Kmccr. Search results show up fine in the 'Search Results Preview' when I 'Build the Query'... just that way I want them. But when I click 'OK' and 'Apply' to the page, there are not results in the CSWP. When I click 'OK' and return to the page the CSWP is still blank. I've created a new 'Web Part Page' and still get the same results. I am experiencing this behavior in SharePoint online.

Thanks.

Thursday, May 31, 2018 1:56 PM
  • Hi Lisa,

Just check your web part maintenance page whether that content query webpart added correctly or not by accessing the following URL format " https://sharepoint.com/_layouts/15/spcontnt.aspx"

or 

check the webpart properties -> filter options and field to display

if added correctly, just try the below link to configure the content query webpart for test purpose

Create a calendar using content query webpart

**** Mark this as answered, if its help your problem.

Thursday, May 31, 2018 3:53 PM