locked
SCCM 2012 RTM - Various Client errors RRS feed

  • Question

  • Setup: 
    SCCM 2012 installed on 2008 R2 SP1 (with CU1) (Database on SQL 2008 R2), all clients are Windows 7 SP1 or Server 2008 r2 (GUI & Core)
    SCCM configured for PKI (aka Native Mode) and all clients have correct client auth certificate in their stores via GPO

    This started happening after the Decemeber 2012 round of patches:
    I have checked the MP and the DP, in fact I reinstalled the MP last night to no effect.

    When I check a client it reports "Client Certificate: None" even though the certificate is installed and valid.
    Clients have stopped communicating with SCCM 2012 and a few are showing as "inactive" in SCCM Console...

    I have tried to repair & reinstall the clients to get them back into life but the CCMSETUP logs fail with this error: 
    (This is from a 2008 R2 client - but the error is the same on Windows 7)

    Completed validation of Certificate [Thumbprint 0052FA850AD2401CA207A292998E4265200A44FD] issued to 'GCS-P-APPS-01.gcs.lab' ccmsetup 20/12/2012 08:40:55 5456 (0x1550)
    >>> Client selected the PKI Certificate [Thumbprint 0052FA850AD2401CA207A292998E4265200A44FD] issued to 'GCS-P-APPS-01.gcs.lab' ccmsetup 20/12/2012 08:40:55 5456 (0x1550)
    GetDPLocations failed with error 0x8000ffff ccmsetup 20/12/2012 08:40:55 5456 (0x1550)
    Failed to get DP locations as the expected version from MP 'https://GCS-P-SCCM-01.gcs.lab'. Error 0x8000ffff ccmsetup 20/12/2012 08:40:55 5456 (0x1550)
    Next retry in 10 minute(s)... ccmsetup 20/12/2012 08:40:55 5456 (0x1550)

    Apart from the December Updates, nothing has changed in my environment and am at a loss as to why this is suddenly stopped working

    Any and all help appreciated :)


    Regards Craig Wilson

    Thursday, December 20, 2012 8:59 AM

Answers

All replies

  • Reinstalled the MP role again and it seems to have brought everything back to life

    I am , however still slightly concerned as I did this last night and now concerned that my MP will fail again..

    Are there any other logs that I can  look at to see if there is something that is causing my MP to fail?


    Regards Craig Wilson

    Thursday, December 20, 2012 9:16 AM
  • Have you seen http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2796086? It's WMF 3.0 that breaks clients and MPs.

    Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

    Thursday, December 20, 2012 9:24 AM
  • Thanks Torsten

    Just checked my CCMEval.log and seeing the errors described in the KB
    I'm applying the workaround now and will let you know if there is any change in this.


    Regards Craig Wilson

    Thursday, December 20, 2012 9:33 AM
  • Just to let you know that this workaround worked - thanks Torsten! (Tried to mark as the answer but get an Unexpected Error in IE9 and Chrome)

    Also noticed SCCM 2012 SP1 (Final) was now available on TechNet so downloading it and will upgrade as soon as I can!


    Regards Craig Wilson

    Friday, December 21, 2012 8:07 AM