change all instances of Heading 2 to Heading 3 RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to change all instances of Heading 2 and assign Heading 3?
    Monday, July 10, 2017 1:55 PM

All replies

• Yes.

1. Replace (Ctrl+H)
    2. Click on the More button.
    3. With your cursor in the Find What box, click on Format > Style and select the Heading 2 style.
    4. With your cursor in the Replace With box, click on Format > Style and select the Heading 3 style.
    5. Click on Replace All.

That will change all paragraphs in the body of the document formatted with Heading 2 style with the same text is Heading 3 style. It will not reach headers/footers or text boxes.

Charles Kenyon Madison, WI

Monday, July 10, 2017 6:20 PM
  • Hi MichelleLee25,

I tried the method provided by Charles and it worked perfectly.

Besides, you may also try the steps below to change the heading format:

1. Locate your cursor in one of the words with Heading 2 style, go to Home > Editing > Select > Select Text with Similar Formatting:

2. With all Heading 2 text selected, please go to the Home ribbon, click Heading 3 button in the Styles group:

Hope you can find this helpful.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Charles Kenyon Thursday, July 13, 2017 12:49 PM
    Tuesday, July 11, 2017 6:54 AM
  • Hi MichelleLee25,

Just want to say hi and check if there is anything that I can do for you on this problem. If so, please do not hesitate to let me know and I will be happy to help.

If the above replies are helpful. it would be appreciated that you can help mark them as answer then it will be easier for other forum members, who might have similar issues to find the useful one.

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun  

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 14, 2017 7:49 AM