How to request SSL certificate from CA for Exchange RRS feed

• Question

• I have a domain consisting of two DC's (WS'03R2x64 Standard); DC0 & DC1, and a member server (WS'08R2x64 Enterprise); DS0.   I recently migrated/upgraded our root MsCA from DC0 to DS0 and thus now have an Enterprise Root CA at DS0 (not to be taken lightly).  Exchange 2007 resides on DC0 (I know this is a no-no but it lived here for 5 years relatively peacefully).

NowThenToFore, i want to have this new Enterprise CA of ours provide the SSL certificate for our Exchange 2007 installation (displacing the self-signed certificate that this Exchange site had been using (which coincidently enough had expired).

For such, I'm using the Exchange cmdlet: "New-ExchangeCertificate -generaterequest <>", approach and trying to import the request at the said CA.  I really haven't gotten too far with this but i'm thinking there must be an easier way; any help or guidance on this would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    GlennXS

Glenn of xSyLent

• Edited by GlennXS Thursday, January 3, 2013 4:12 AM grammar
    • Moved by cara chen Friday, January 4, 2013 1:58 AM (From:Exchange Server 2013 - Administration, Monitoring, and Performance)
    Thursday, January 3, 2013 3:11 AM

Answers

All replies