none
Project schedule template with custom data columns RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I created two project templates in MS Project Pro. They both have different columns in the schedule page:

Example

Template 1 schedule view has Cost1, Cost2, Cost3 (all are Enterprise task fields)

Template 2 schedule view has CostA, CostB and CostC (all are Enterprise task fields)

Both templates were saved as mpt in MS Project Pro and in PWA was using two project Type

Template1 pointed to Template 1

TemplateA pointed to Template A

When I create a new file using either Template1 or TemplateA from PWA. I don't see  Cost1, Cost2, Cost3 column in the project schedule using emplate1 or CostA, CostB, CostC columns in the project schedule using TemplateA.

Both project schedules were showing the default Task detail summary view minus the Enterprise Task Fields.

Am I missing some steps in creating the project templates. I need to create a few project templates with different column fields in the schedule page. Please help.

Thanks

Thomas.

Tem

Monday, February 27, 2017 10:42 PM

All replies

• Hi ThomasCCFC,

If you modify the Gantt Chart view for the templates to include the relevant task ECFs (cost 1 etc), and then save them back as template1 and templateA respectively, it should work for all new projects created from the Enterprise Project Types associated with the templates.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 6:26 AM