Couldn't open .htm files after mail is forwarded to other users RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I've got a problem whereby a user of mine couldn't open .htm after it was forwarded to her and her colleagues. I tried looking at the cache (probably it was saved as temporary but didn't deleted), but it all looks empty (https://www.technipages.com/outlook-cant-create-file-error-when-opening-attachment). Although user is able to save it locally, and open it afterwards.

I'm not sure where else I can look for to fix the issue. Do let me know if you need any other information.

Environment:-

Exchange 2013

Outlook 2013

Windows 8.1

Wednesday, October 4, 2017 8:59 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>>whereby a user of mine couldn't open

So this only affect this specific user? Did the use see any error message when he/she open a .htm attachment?

Since when did the use experience the issue? Has he or she ever made any changes to the system or Office installation?

First, try to launch Outlook in safe mode, the verify result again:

Press Win + R and type "outlook.exe /safe" in the blank box, then press Enter.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 5, 2017 7:00 AM
  • What if he/she send out a .hml file as an attachment in Outlook, then try to open it from his/her own "Sent Items" folder?

Regards,

Ethan Hua

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 5, 2017 7:02 AM
  • Hi,

I'm just checking to see whether the information above is helpful for you, please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance on this.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Monday, October 23, 2017 2:10 AM