I have a HP Compaq8430 with windows professional 2007 and cannot gain access to recovery files to access photos. RRS feed

• Question

• I am not sure this is HP or Windows problem so will ask here first.

when i access - my computer - D drive recovery, a partition comes up and I can't get past it.

I have photos on file but no connection left so want to go to old file in recovery to remove to stick memory or disc.

Saturday, January 29, 2011 9:22 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Could you please tell us how did you get the D drive recovery?

I suggest use a compression utility to view the files, like winrar.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, February 2, 2011 6:42 AM
  • The HP recovery drive only contains files to restore your HP to its original factory condition.  It would not contain any personal files, such as photos.
    Carey Frisch
    Wednesday, February 2, 2011 9:45 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Could you please tell us how did you get the D drive recovery?

I suggest use a compression utility to view the files, like winrar.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, February 2, 2011 6:42 AM
  • The HP recovery drive only contains files to restore your HP to its original factory condition.  It would not contain any personal files, such as photos.
    Carey Frisch
    Wednesday, February 2, 2011 9:45 PM