Wrong property value after ticket creation RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

When I create a ticket using the portal, the "Source" property takes an incorrect value.

The template I use for the incident has "Portal" Specified as the source. I have checked how the properites are mapped in the Request Offering, and it also has "Portal" as the default value. However when we create a ticket, the "Source" value is set to "In Person" (custom value). This applies to all of my Incident offerings and is causing a major problem for us because it messes up our notifications.

What can be the reason for this behavior?

Kind regards,

Wojciech

Monday, June 13, 2016 11:35 AM

Answers

• Hi Yan,

I think it might be related. The Incident Source list's values order cannot be changed, the "Move Up" and "Move Down" buttons are greyed out. I recall that sometime ago I have renamed certain values to have them in the order I wanted. I might have even swapped the 2 values in question. So the visible value might have been changed, but the value stored in the database might have been left intact. It's just speculation.

Right now it's working and I'm not touching it.

Kind regards,

Wojciech

• Marked as answer by rozanw Wednesday, June 15, 2016 11:37 AM
    Wednesday, June 15, 2016 11:37 AM

All replies

• Ok, everything started working fine after I swapped those 2 values in the "Incident Source" List. Is the order on the list somehow hardcoded to the value or something?

Monday, June 13, 2016 12:31 PM
  • Hello,

I have to say that I haven't even seen this kind of issue. I don't think the list order will affect the template and the offering. You may recheck the template used again.

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 8:24 AM
  • Hi Yan,

I think it might be related. The Incident Source list's values order cannot be changed, the "Move Up" and "Move Down" buttons are greyed out. I recall that sometime ago I have renamed certain values to have them in the order I wanted. I might have even swapped the 2 values in question. So the visible value might have been changed, but the value stored in the database might have been left intact. It's just speculation.

Right now it's working and I'm not touching it.

Kind regards,

Wojciech

• Marked as answer by rozanw Wednesday, June 15, 2016 11:37 AM
    Wednesday, June 15, 2016 11:37 AM