none
Authenticator App doesn't work anymore RRS feed

• Question

• From today on (i installed the last app update on my Android) i cannot successfully authenticate anymore with the App.

It requests me to approve my authentication -> i approve this -> it requests me to enter my Lock Screen PIN or use my Fingerprint -> i tried both but it returns and goes into a continious "Request Lock Screen PIN / Fingerprint" Loop without any error message.

So i cannot authenticate anymore. It tried to delete and import my account again in the app but it doesn't help.

Before entering my Lock Screen PIN or using my Fingerprint worked perfectly.

Any help?

• Edited by Michael-CM Wednesday, August 16, 2017 4:31 PM
    Wednesday, August 16, 2017 4:27 PM

Answers

• Hi Michael,

Sorry for the delay.

According to your logs, could you please restart your phone first? This might be an error that only appears on certain devices.

Please restart your phone and test it again, if it still not work, please send the logs again, thanks.

Best regards,

Jason Ye

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Michael-CM Monday, August 28, 2017 6:17 AM
    Monday, August 28, 2017 5:23 AM

All replies

• Hi Michael,

Sorry to give you bad experiences.

Could you please tell me which version of your Android?

Have you try to uninstall and re-install this app?

If re-install this app still does not work for you, to troubleshoot this issue more efficiently, could you please send logs through the settings page? The newest version has send logs option.

After we send logs, we will get an event ID, please remember it and post it here.

Best regards,

Jason

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 17, 2017 6:33 AM
  • I reinstalled and reconfigured the App. The problem persists... :-(

I transferred the logs.

Incident ID: B26BVBRD

I have Android Version 7.0

Thank you for your help!

• Edited by Michael-CM Thursday, August 17, 2017 10:01 AM
    Thursday, August 17, 2017 10:01 AM
  • Hi Jason,

On Wednesday 16th I change my password because it expires this month. Since that, Microsoft Authenticator doesn't recognized my footprint, my PIN, inclusive the authentication with phone call to log in.

"Error: Please close and try again in a new window. Contact helpdesk if the issue persists"

I need this app to access Outlook, SfB.<sub></sub><sup></sup><strike></strike>

iOS version: 10.3.3 (last version).

t-roazoc@microsoft.com.

Thanks,

Rodrigo

Friday, August 18, 2017 1:03 PM
  • Hi Michael,

Thank you for your information.

We are checking on the query and would get back to you soon on this. I apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your time and patience in this matter.

Best regards,

Jason Ye

Monday, August 21, 2017 5:06 AM
  • Hi Roazocar,

Do you mean  you change the password of your account `t-roazoc@microsoft.com` then authenticator app not work for you?

Please try to use IE in 'inprivate' mode and test it again.

Have you try to remove this account from the list, and re-add it? 

Best regards,

Jason Ye

• Proposed as answer by ShuiShengbao Thursday, August 24, 2017 9:46 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Michael-CM Friday, August 25, 2017 11:23 AM
    Monday, August 21, 2017 5:20 AM
  • Thanks for your help!
    Monday, August 21, 2017 7:35 AM
  • Hi Michael,

Sorry for the delay.

According to your logs, could you please restart your phone first? This might be an error that only appears on certain devices.

Please restart your phone and test it again, if it still not work, please send the logs again, thanks.

Best regards,

Jason Ye

• Marked as answer by Michael-CM Monday, August 28, 2017 6:17 AM
    Monday, August 28, 2017 5:23 AM
  • After a restart it works again!

Thank you!

Monday, August 28, 2017 6:17 AM