How do I resolve the error "Connection is busy with results for another command"? RRS feed

• General discussion

• [This is just for sharing information for those common asked questions collected from forums. If you have any better way or feedback, please directly reply in this thread so that community users can benefit from your answers.]

Question:
    When I execute my SSIS package, it failed with the error message:
    Description: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR.  An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80004005.  An OLE DB record is available.  Source: "Microsoft SQL Native Client" HResult: 0x80004005  Description: "Connection is busy with results for another command".

Answer:
    The error message usually indicates that there are multiple parallel running SSIS tasks sharing a same connection and that you set your connection manager’s RetainSameConnection property to True. If one task has not finished, but the others are sending requests on the same connection, this issue may occur.

To resolve this issue, you can simply change the property value to False. If you want some tasks to share a same connection, it is recommended that you have these tasks executed in sequence. For parallel tasks with the same data source, it is recommended that you set it to False or create separate connection managers for them.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Saturday, June 19, 2010 3:56 AM

All replies

• <g class="gr_ gr_20 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del" data-gr-id="20" id="20">Hi</g> Wang

Thanx for your detailed <g class="gr_ gr_36 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="36" id="36">explaination</g> however if <g class="gr_ gr_175 gr-alert gr_tiny gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" data-gr-id="175" id="175">i</g> remove this <g class="gr_ gr_176 gr-alert gr_tiny gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" data-gr-id="176" id="176">i</g> am getting another error like: 

Source: "Microsoft SQL Native Client" Hresult: 0x80004005 Description: "Login timeout expired". An OLE DB record is available.

I google for above error and it says to change <g class="gr_ gr_228 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="228" id="228">conenctionproperty</g> = True.

Now <g class="gr_ gr_262 gr-alert gr_tiny gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" data-gr-id="262" id="262">i</g> am looking for a fix for both errors. <g class="gr_ gr_288 gr-alert gr_tiny gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" data-gr-id="288" id="288">i</g> am using MSSQL 2014 and VS 2015

Charanjit Jagdev

Monday, May 14, 2018 1:46 AM