Cannot import updates into WSUS from Microsoft Update Catalog RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

I am trying to import SQL Server Cumulative Updates into WSUS on Windows Server 2012 R2. In WSUS, I have all of the SQL products selected, as well as all of the classifications (feature packs, updates, service packs, etc.) selected.

When I try to import the Cumulative Updates (Like KB3144517) into WSUS, the "Import" button is greyed out and I get the error "This update cannot be imported into Windows Server Update Services, because it does not have the required applicability information."

Is there anything I may have misconfigured on my end, or a solution to fix this problem?

Thank you

Thursday, July 14, 2016 8:02 PM

Answers

• Hi goudeyman95,

I tested it in my lab and get the same result with you. Neither can I sync KB3144517 into WSUS nor import it into WSUS from Microsoft Update catalog.

Since the SQL product team can decide the way to release CUs, so it may cause by the update isn't supported to be release via WSUS server.

And according to the KB article, you may download the CU from Microsoft Download center:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3144517

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by goudeyman95 Friday, July 15, 2016 2:13 PM
    Friday, July 15, 2016 6:23 AM

All replies

• Hi goudeyman95,

I tested it in my lab and get the same result with you. Neither can I sync KB3144517 into WSUS nor import it into WSUS from Microsoft Update catalog.

Since the SQL product team can decide the way to release CUs, so it may cause by the update isn't supported to be release via WSUS server.

And according to the KB article, you may download the CU from Microsoft Download center:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3144517

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by goudeyman95 Friday, July 15, 2016 2:13 PM
    Friday, July 15, 2016 6:23 AM
  • Hi Anne,

Thanks for the reply, I'll post my question on the SQL forums and see if anyone from the SQL team has a definitive answer.

Friday, July 15, 2016 2:13 PM