none
Messages missing in inbox RRS feed

• Question

• We have an Exchange 2007 environment.  One particular shared mailbox, shows items in the inbox when opened via webmail, but not when opened as an additional mailbox in Outlook.  Tried with Outlook 2003/2007.  Cached mode, uncached.  Reset views, opened with /cleanviews....

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks!
    Ryan

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 4:32 AM

Answers

• Earlier this morning, I switched the mailbox from shared to user.  Logged in as the user and did outlook.exe /cleanview, then switched it back to shared.
    During that time, the users accessing this shared mailbox, logged in via webmail, and cleared everything out of the Inbox.  I now have no way of telling if we still have an issue or not.  It seems that new messages are being displayed appropriately.  We tried moving messages back to the root of the inbox, but we no longer see an issue.  I'll keep you updated if we see this issue again.  Thank you for the suggestions.

Ryan

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 6:15 PM

All replies

• Hi

If you remove the OST file and let it recreate?

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 5:19 AM
  • Hi,

I recommend you use the OST Integrity Check tool (Scanost.exe) to check your .ost file.

Please refer to the following articles:

Repair Outlook Data Files

From time to time, you may get error messages when synchronizing your Offline Folder file (.ost) in Microsoft Office Outlook with your mailbox on a server running Exchange. You may also notice that some items are missing from your .ost file or from your mailbox after you synchronize your .ost file and your mailbox. When this occurs, you should use the OST Integrity Check tool (Scanost.exe) to check your .ost file.

Move an offline Outlook Data File

Hope this helps!

Thanks.

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 9:24 AM
  • It says uncached mode has been tried, which doesn't use an OST file.
    Wednesday, December 11, 2013 9:26 AM
  • This is also on multiple different machines with multiple different versions of outlook.  It's also affecting multiple users that are all accessing this same shared mailbox.  That should rule out an OST problem I'd believe.

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 12:41 PM
  • Yes agreeing to cheng since this is a time taking process then please utilize the time in getting over to an ost repair tool.

Please have a look at this exchange application.

Thanks.

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 2:29 PM
  • Delete mailbox. Create new AD user. Attach mailbox to the new user from EMC. disable AD account and then make sure its still a shared mailbox type.

/anker

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 5:16 PM
  • Please open the mailbox using MFCMapi and navigate to the Top of Information Store - Folder - message and look for the properties of the message (see which folder the message really is on)

Now, when you say, you cannot see the mail using Additional Mailbox in outlook - what do you mean? can you not see the email itself or not just in the inbox view? Can you do an advanced search in outlook using all possible search key words?

If you cannot find the email AT ALL - that could be a problem with the particular email ACL associated to it or that paticular message could have a different IPM message class or type associated to it. You can check the type and class from MFCMapi

IMP.Note is an email message

let me know how it went

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. Regards, Siva

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 5:20 PM
  • Earlier this morning, I switched the mailbox from shared to user.  Logged in as the user and did outlook.exe /cleanview, then switched it back to shared.
    During that time, the users accessing this shared mailbox, logged in via webmail, and cleared everything out of the Inbox.  I now have no way of telling if we still have an issue or not.  It seems that new messages are being displayed appropriately.  We tried moving messages back to the root of the inbox, but we no longer see an issue.  I'll keep you updated if we see this issue again.  Thank you for the suggestions.

Ryan

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 6:15 PM