none
SCOM 2012 Web Console RRS feed

• Question

• I have 2012 RC installed, and have noticed that even the MSFT has advertised that all panes would be available in the Web Console, only the Monitoring pane is available.  Additionally, I'm unable to save any of the views to "My Workspace" in the Web Console, however if I save to "my workspace" using the full console, the saved items do show up.  I'm a full administrator of SCOM, and the Domain... is this a Release Canidate thing, configuration?

BW

Tuesday, March 6, 2012 4:41 PM

Answers

• Well, thats still it. Authoring of views is still done in the full console. Its just navigation and running tasks and some of those things which are in the web console. Web console is not for creating things, such as views yet.

Bob Cornelissen - BICTT (My Blog about SCOM) - MVP 2012 and Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Recipient

• Marked as answer by BGWright Monday, March 26, 2012 1:05 PM
    Sunday, March 25, 2012 11:20 AM

All replies

• Hi BW -

Microsoft has only spoke about the Monitoring space (and My Workspace) to be available in the 2012 web console, so don't expect such panes as Authoring or Administration. That said, they have delivered substantial parity between the Monitoring spaces of the console and web console. There are a few things like dashboard links and in-line navigation commands that are different, but the goal is that you can do a basic operator role, responding to alerts and consulting performance charts, state views, and diagram views in the web console.

As for saving views, create the select the desired view in the console and save it as a favorite. You will then see that favorite view in the web console.

John Joyner
    MVP-SC-CDM

Tuesday, March 6, 2012 5:22 PM
  •  

Hi,

The main console provides you with monitoring and full management capabilities and task areas that include Monitoring, Authoring, Administration, Reporting and a My Workspace area. The web console provides access only to Monitoring and My Workspace. But it has been completely rewritten, you may get a detailed description about the new web console:

OpsMgr 2012: Introducing the new Web Console

Alex Zhao

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by BGWright Monday, March 12, 2012 2:03 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by BGWright Friday, March 23, 2012 1:36 PM
    Friday, March 9, 2012 2:59 AM
  • How would one add a provided view to their workspace via the Web Console.  It seems impractical to have to use the full console to maintain the workspace.

BW

Friday, March 23, 2012 1:36 PM
  • Well, thats still it. Authoring of views is still done in the full console. Its just navigation and running tasks and some of those things which are in the web console. Web console is not for creating things, such as views yet.

Bob Cornelissen - BICTT (My Blog about SCOM) - MVP 2012 and Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Recipient

• Marked as answer by BGWright Monday, March 26, 2012 1:05 PM
    Sunday, March 25, 2012 11:20 AM
  • In SCOM 2012, you can actually create dashboard views from the SCOM Web console - and you can create them in "My Workspace" as well.

Cheers

Graham

Regards Graham New System Center 2012 Blog! - http://www.systemcentersolutions.co.uk
    View OpsMgr tips and tricks at http://systemcentersolutions.wordpress.com/

Monday, March 26, 2012 8:18 AM