none
Immediately after Updating from Windows 10 1803 to Windows 10 1809 by BIOS has SECURE BOOT enabled and LEGACY USB DISABLED. RRS feed

• Question

• Everything was fine and there were no issues prior to the 1809 update.

Could not press any keys prior to windows boot. USB PORTS DISABLED AFTER INSTALLATION OF 1809 UPDATE

Computer gives BSOD when attempting play any game - apparently there is an issue with the NVIDA 1070ti 8GB Video Cards and this latest update.

USB PORTS keep shutting down during use. 

Verified power settings are not set to suspend for USB > Functionality on this has been disabled.

Settings > Update & Security > Recovery > Restart Now Under Advanced Startup > Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > UEFI Firmware Settings > Restart

I am able to access the bios through this method. When attempting to re-enable the USB LEGACY settings I'm told about secure boot and that I do not have access because it is enabled, so I cannot re-enable the USB legacy settings to use my keyboard or mouse prior to windows loading. As I said, this issue occurred IMMEDIATELY after the update. When I was in IT in order to troubleshoot issues we have always asked the question - What happened prior to the issue occurring --- well that would be Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 1809 Update. That was the ONLY update installed. And it did not create a restore point so I can't back the update out. And if I were it would not remove the changes the Microsoft Update did to my UEFI bios without my permission and without warning.

*I* have NEVER enabled this. *I* did not change ANY OF THESE SETTINGS. There was NO EVIDENCE of THESE ISSUES PRIOR TO UPDATE.

This is a wide-spread issue and Microsoft has been ignoring it. 

I have an ASUS Sabertooth Rx990 2.0, an AMD 8350 8 core processor, 16GB DDR3 Ram, 1TB SSD Hard Drive as well as RAID 0 on a couple 1TB Spinning HDDs.

I would like to know with the widespread occurrence of this issue their update caused (not just me - just google legacy usb disabled after Microsoft windows 10 update) there are TONS and TONS of people with the EXACT SAME issue immediately after THIS UPDATE.

So what is Microsoft going to do to resolve their hijacking peoples computers and holding the end users hostage by preventing them from booting in to competing operating systems via a USB drive - or even installing another operating system because it has also disabled USB boot AND CD/DVD boot as well. The only thing you can do is boot in to Windows 10 which is constantly crashing and extremely buggy after the update.

Friday, December 14, 2018 7:52 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You could refer to replies in this link:

Title: USB Ports not working after Windows 10 update

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/usb-ports-not-working-after-windows-10-update/b4185bfa-a34d-45ce-8eb8-b5c7d2065649

Was there any error code or error message when computer gave BSOD?

Best

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 17, 2018 9:52 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue solved?

If yes, would you like to share your solution in order that other community members could find the helpful reply quickly.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 19, 2018 7:34 AM
  • Hi,

Since you have not responded for a long time, we will temporarily archive this post.

If the reply helped you, please remember to mark it as an answer.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best

Friday, December 21, 2018 7:08 AM