none
CopyProfile breaks Start Menu - Windows 10 1511 and 1607 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

my problem is that after the deployment of the captured WIM image the Start Menu does not work at all. The problem comes from the customized default profile somehow.

I am preparing a reference image for SCCM 1511, Windows 10 Enterprise, Build 1511 and 1607.

1. I install the Windows 10 using the wizard

2. Then enable the builtin administrator, logon with it, and remove any other users and profiles

3. I put an icon on the desktop and switch the Control Panel view to small. This should land at the default profile.

Then I have tried two methods:

4a. Copy an unattended.xml to the Sysprep folder, with the copyprofile = true. Then run the Sysprep with generalize checked and let the machine reboot and do the OOBE. This worked - the newly logged on user get the shortcut.

4b. Mounted the SCCM capture media and captured the image (no special unattend file was used). Then during the deployment task I have used the same unattended.xml like in 4a. Result: start menu broken.

I think I am using pretty standard settings - did anyone found a solution or a solid (and supported) method?

Thursday, September 29, 2016 11:59 AM

All replies