Why are my file folders closed after unlocking my computer in Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Most of the computers in my company are using Windows XP, so I am one of the rare people using Windows 7. The company also uses a custom screen saver (propaganda does not stop with posters on walls) which is pushed through a group policy. The computer locks automatically when the screensaver kicks in.

When I unlock my computer, all of my running applications are still showing up, as expected, on the task bar... but all of the file folders I had open are gone. This is really annoying and it is driving me crazy.

Why do the file folders go away, and how can I fix it?

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 3:52 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please test if this issue occurs when you lock and unlock Windows 7 manually.

If it does, I suspect this is related to Windows 7, you could check the programs you are running, and you could start with Clean Boot to narrow it down.

If not, please test with a local account to see how it works.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Tuesday, November 1, 2011 8:16 AM
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 3:32 AM