Whats the Difference between DVD -RW and DVD +RW RRS feed

• Question

• Alrighty , This is probably a novice to dumb question ,But I would like to know which is better the negative or positive versions of DVD such as +RW or -RW ?

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 5:58 AM

Answers

• Hi,

First of all this is not a Windows Question.

My personal expierence -RW us more common.

What is the difference between DVD+RW and DVD-RW?

http://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=1416

From a technical perspective, the DVD-RW format requires shorter time to burn the lead in/out, and therefore has slightly more compatibility with DVD players. On the other hand, the DVD+RW format has some special features, such as lossless linking, and both CAV and CLV writing.

Regards,

Satyajit

Please “Vote As Helpful” if you find my contribution useful or “Mark As Answer” if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

• Marked as answer by DeputyDoggz Wednesday, July 1, 2015 6:02 AM
    Tuesday, June 30, 2015 9:23 AM
  • I know its not a Windows Question but the web site Doesn't give me an option to post it anywhere else that I seen
    , but thnx for the info just the same!
    • Edited by DeputyDoggz Tuesday, June 30, 2015 9:57 AM
    Tuesday, June 30, 2015 9:55 AM
  • Hi,

So did you get your answer? Please mark if so, else you can ask more if you still have doubts.

Regards,

Satyajit

Please “Vote As Helpful” if you find my contribution useful or “Mark As Answer” if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

Wednesday, July 1, 2015 4:16 AM

All replies

• Hi,

First of all this is not a Windows Question.

My personal expierence -RW us more common.

What is the difference between DVD+RW and DVD-RW?

http://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=1416

From a technical perspective, the DVD-RW format requires shorter time to burn the lead in/out, and therefore has slightly more compatibility with DVD players. On the other hand, the DVD+RW format has some special features, such as lossless linking, and both CAV and CLV writing.

Regards,

Satyajit

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 9:23 AM
  • I know its not a Windows Question but the web site Doesn't give me an option to post it anywhere else that I seen
    , but thnx for the info just the same!
    • Edited by DeputyDoggz Tuesday, June 30, 2015 9:57 AM
    Tuesday, June 30, 2015 9:55 AM
  • Hi,

So did you get your answer? Please mark if so, else you can ask more if you still have doubts.

Regards,

Satyajit

Wednesday, July 1, 2015 4:16 AM