E-mail alert settings RRS feed

• Question

• I'm receiving a bunch of e-mail alerts from my SP site, much more than I should. In my "View existing alerts" settings, the frequency is set to daily. It seems that the server is sending me more than one daily summary mail, and also a mail for every document listed in the daily summary.

Also, there seems to be a delay with the outgoing mail, it's supposed to go out at 07:00 but it's sent at 07:07.

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Saturday, September 17, 2011 4:58 PM help is the wrong word for a title
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Saturday, September 17, 2011 4:59 PM admin q (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Saturday, September 17, 2011 11:48 AM

Answers

• Can you check Site Actions -> Site Settings -> User Alerts for all alerts created for your account ?
    Steve Thomas
    Sunday, September 18, 2011 4:25 AM
  • Hi,

Check if any workflows are defined to send alerts as well? 

I think you have alresy checked user alerts section in site settings as mentioned by you.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Sunday, September 18, 2011 11:04 AM

All replies

• Can you check Site Actions -> Site Settings -> User Alerts for all alerts created for your account ?
    Steve Thomas
    Sunday, September 18, 2011 4:25 AM
  • Hi,

Check if any workflows are defined to send alerts as well? 

I think you have alresy checked user alerts section in site settings as mentioned by you.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Sunday, September 18, 2011 11:04 AM