none
Fast ESP 5.3. and SP2010 connector RRS feed

• General discussion

• I'm doing initial testing with ESP 5.3 and SP2010. I received usual errors from the SharePoint Connectors stating: Failed to crawl list {GUID} in site http://mysite.com : object not set to an instance of an object. The error seems to be an internal SharePoint programing error.... Does anyone know how to solve these problem or what is the cause…

Thanks In Advance,

Chad 

Monday, February 27, 2012 7:28 PM

All replies

• First of all: the error "object not set to an instance of an object" means that an earlier operation failed, and insufficent error handling means that the error is not signalled until there is an attempt to use the information that the operation should have returned. The actual error could be in Sharepoint itself (which I think is the least likely), in the Sharepoint connector, or in any custom code that you have deployed in your environment.

You don't mention which version of the Sharepoint connector you're using, but at least the most recent connector (the one implemented in C#/.NET) has a number of errors that means that it is not ready for full-scale deployment.

Your next step should be to run the connector with debug logging, which should help you identify exactly where the error is. If the error appears o be in the connector (and not in any Sharepoint customisations), you should submit a support ticket to MS/FAST (assuming that you have a support contract...)

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 8:16 AM
  • Raymond, thanks for the reply.. the problem was the version of SharePoint connector. Once the patches were applied the errors were resolved.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012 7:00 PM