none
HDMI port stopped working about a year ago

Question

• HDMI port stopped working about a year ago. It had always worked on Windows 7 64-bit.  Also it worked on Windows 10 64-bit for quite some time.  I have HP Compaq PC with 3 TB HD with 2 new flat screen monitors each able to run as VGA or the other way.  Had both monitors working fine.  Tried switching monitors, and everything else.  Plugged in, etc....,

I would like to simply download the correct drivers for the HDMI port, at leas for the monitor and graphics, install correctly, anin compatibility mode, I assume, and all I ask is that you please not lie to me and say I have to buy something. I'd appreciate your expert help.  Everything works...need to install correct drivers in compatibility mode.  The correct ones.  In the correct places and know what to do if there is no "HD video, audio, and game controller" section, for example, or "Graphics" section in device manager.

Thanx, Miguel

PS, my login email is not my correct email, but not allowable to change, so I cannot.

Monday, August 21, 2017 2:20 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This article may give you some ideas, please refer to the link:

How To Troubleshoot HDMI Connection Problems

https://www.lifewire.com/fix-hdmi-connection-problems-1846811

Please Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

In addition, for hardware issue, I’m afraid your best bet is contacting manufacturer for further help, they are the best resources to troubleshoot this issue.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 22, 2017 4:12 AM
  • Hi,

We haven’t heard from you for a couple of days, have you solved the problem?  We are looking forward to your good news.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 31, 2017 3:04 AM