Problem with desktop on Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a laptop running Windows 7. And every time I login with certain user it says it is preparing my desktop, like if it was the first time I was entering with that certain user. When the user logs in I get a black backgoup and it only lets me chance the color of the background. If I chance the color of the background then I logoff and log back in I get the same message that is preparing my desktop and the background is again black.

If I try it with another user this does not happen.

I erased the user that I'm having problems with and whent back to workgroup instead of a domain, then configured again the domain and the user. When I login the same thing happens.

Could it be a virus?

Or what else can I do?

Monday, April 19, 2010 6:22 PM

Answers

• I resolved the issue by deleting the profile register. I rebooted and loged in with the user again.

Thanks any way.

• Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, May 7, 2010 4:28 AM
    Wednesday, April 21, 2010 3:49 PM

All replies

• Are you sure the user profile roaming is configured correctly on the ADDS server and the client? You'd better check system event logs to see what is wrong.

It might be that the path to the home directory is wrong. Also check the status of your user profile from the Advanced tab of System properties (run systempropertiesadvanced.exe). Sometimes broken user registry hive might cause temporary user profiles to be created.

Monday, April 19, 2010 7:34 PM
  • I had a black screen on my desktop because I did not activate Windows 7 right away. Maybe that is the issue?

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 1:20 AM
  • I resolved the issue by deleting the profile register. I rebooted and loged in with the user again.

Thanks any way.

• Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, May 7, 2010 4:28 AM
    Wednesday, April 21, 2010 3:49 PM