software distribution RRS feed

• Question

• I have deployed software to the site. deployment on some machines are succeeded and some failed. can any one please help troubleshoot which log file i should look in? Any other hints to identify the reason.

I have already checked- machines are online, machines have client installed, deployment account is member of local admin group!!

Thanks

Rafiqul

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 11:14 AM

Answers

• Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, April 12, 2013 7:36 AM
    Wednesday, April 3, 2013 2:19 PM
  • for software distribution on client side check the following log,

1-exemgr.log that will show all the activity of advertisement

2-Policyagentlog will show if the machine has downloaded the policy for the advertisement or not

2-locationservice.log, ccmexe and contenttransfermanager.log will show how software is downloading as well as datatransferservice.log

first check if the machine is getting the policy through policyagent.log and then when confirm machine has downloaded the policy then check the exemgr.log file about the advertisement activity, which stage that has failed?

Sharad Singh | My blogs: SharadTech | Twitter: @SinghSharaad | | Please mark as helpful/answer if this resolved your issue

• Proposed as answer by Sherry Kissinger Wednesday, April 3, 2013 12:21 PM
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, April 12, 2013 7:35 AM
    Wednesday, April 3, 2013 11:27 AM

All replies

• for software distribution on client side check the following log,

1-exemgr.log that will show all the activity of advertisement

2-Policyagentlog will show if the machine has downloaded the policy for the advertisement or not

2-locationservice.log, ccmexe and contenttransfermanager.log will show how software is downloading as well as datatransferservice.log

first check if the machine is getting the policy through policyagent.log and then when confirm machine has downloaded the policy then check the exemgr.log file about the advertisement activity, which stage that has failed?

Sharad Singh | My blogs: SharadTech | Twitter: @SinghSharaad | | Please mark as helpful/answer if this resolved your issue

• Proposed as answer by Sherry Kissinger Wednesday, April 3, 2013 12:21 PM
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, April 12, 2013 7:35 AM
    Wednesday, April 3, 2013 11:27 AM
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, April 12, 2013 7:36 AM
    Wednesday, April 3, 2013 2:19 PM