Windows XP Embedded RRS feed

• Question

• Hello - I am new to servicing POS Windows XP Embedded Service Pack 2 systems. I am working on a Radiant 1220 it crashed, Error: c:\windows\system32\comfig\system file is missing or corrupt. 

I know I need to reload it again because there is no backup disk or recovery disk available. I looked inside the system and did not see a hard drive just memory. 

By reading lots of forums and using google search I need to make a disk or flash drive boolable to reload the system, Just dont know how to make all this happen I need step by step directions please.

Also there are other POS that are currently working with the same IMG. so what I was thinking is that I could make a IMG from that and use that but not sure how to start.

Amy help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Monday, February 6, 2012 3:29 PM

Answers

• Michael,

You should contact Radiant for assistance with this problem.  We are not familar with the customer XP Embedded runtime or any restore mechanism that they may have provided for the device.

Terry Warwick
    Microsoft

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 6:35 PM

All replies

• The file that is corrupted is a registry file. The image has to be completely reloaded. If you have a duplicate system, you could attempt to copy image to a new hard drive and boot.

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - Pro Guide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, Pro Guide to POS for .NET
    Monday, February 6, 2012 4:46 PM
  • Thanks for the info and timely repose. This system has a UDOC Flash drive, I am guessing that this is were the OS is stored on. Do you have any instructions how to load the Windows XP Embedded OS from a IMG to a flash drive. 

Once again thank you for your expertise i value your time to respond. 

Michael
    Monday, February 6, 2012 6:04 PM
  • Michael,

You should contact Radiant for assistance with this problem.  We are not familar with the customer XP Embedded runtime or any restore mechanism that they may have provided for the device.

Terry Warwick
    Microsoft

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 6:35 PM