none
Unable to provide delegation to handle DHCP to helpdesk

Question

• Hi ,

I am planning to provide access/delegation to helpdesk team to manage dhcp. we have enable filter access list on dhcp on daily basis who are coming new in the office team has to add there mac address to work on our network. We want to delegate this task to helpdesk team the problem is we have 20+ dhcp server which is separate on that server we just go to dhcp admin group and add that person to manage dhcp server. but in our corporate office we have installed dhcp where Active directory is installed because of that reason i am not able to provide access to individual. I tried to edit the permission on adsi edit but no luck . anyone can help me how to delegate the access in this situation, on required user principal what i did i am trying to paste here if policy allow me to past the snapshot.it is not allowing me paste the snapshot. on adsi edit on user object i have choose descendant dhcp class object and provide permission according to my requirement. still no luck my purpose is not solved.

Pls suggest

Prem

• Edited by PremAdmin Tuesday, September 27, 2016 10:30 AM
    Tuesday, September 27, 2016 10:28 AM

Answers

• Hi PremAdmin,

>but in our corporate office we have installed dhcp where Active directory is installed because of that reason i am not able to provide access to individual.

What is the method you enable helpdesk team to manage your DHCP servers? Logon the DHCP/DC directly using the helpdesk account which add in DHCP administrator group? Or RDP to the DHCP server then logon?

I test it in my lab, create an account in DC for the helpdesk team, then add it to group DHCP administrator.

Then in "User Rights Assignment">"Allow log on locally", add the account, to enable the account to login the DC\DHCP:

Then use the account to login, and I can use the account to add a allow list:

Then which step are you stuck? Could you provide related screenshots when you meet issue?

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 8:18 AM

All replies

• Experts,

I am waiting for your response on it.

Prem

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 4:22 AM
  • Hi PremAdmin,

>but in our corporate office we have installed dhcp where Active directory is installed because of that reason i am not able to provide access to individual.

What is the method you enable helpdesk team to manage your DHCP servers? Logon the DHCP/DC directly using the helpdesk account which add in DHCP administrator group? Or RDP to the DHCP server then logon?

I test it in my lab, create an account in DC for the helpdesk team, then add it to group DHCP administrator.

Then in "User Rights Assignment">"Allow log on locally", add the account, to enable the account to login the DC\DHCP:

Then use the account to login, and I can use the account to add a allow list:

Then which step are you stuck? Could you provide related screenshots when you meet issue?

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 8:18 AM
  • Hi PremAdmin,

Could the above replies be of help? If yes, you may mark it as answer, if not, feel free to feed back.

Best Regards,

Anne

Thursday, September 29, 2016 5:29 AM