none
Exchange 2010 Internal Emails Disappearing RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am having a problem with on specific mailbox on our exchange server. Some emails that are being sent to him from an internal user seem to disappear. I have tried logging into his OWA encase this was an issue with his outlook but I cannot see the emails there.

However according the message tracking the emails are sent successfully. I then tried doing a search for the email in OWA and I can see it.

The user has no Retention polices set. We have a BES Server. The user had a blackberry but has since switched to an IPhone. I have tried deleing his from the BES server but this doesn’t seem to have helped.

This issue seems to have occurred soon after I installed SP2 Rollup 4-v2 onto the exchange server. I was wondering if this could be the issue.

I have checked the forums but I haven’t managed to find a fix. Does anyone have any ideas?

Tim

Monday, October 29, 2012 10:30 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Looks like the emails was moved to JunkMail by some policy. So please check the Junkmail options in the outlook. Please refer this article about configure junk e-mail settings in Outlook 2010: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc179183.aspx

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by Tim Friel Tuesday, October 30, 2012 7:31 PM
    Tuesday, October 30, 2012 6:35 AM

All replies

• When you did the search via OWA, What folder were the messages in?

Did you do a search of the enire mailbox in Outlook and check that there are no views that may be interfering?

I assume message tracking shows the messages were delivered successfully. ( not just sent successfully)

Monday, October 29, 2012 11:13 AM
  • Hi Andy,

Thanks for replying. You are correct in presuming that that message tracking reported the emails are sent successfully. I am searching on the inbox in OWA. I am not sure how to tell which folder the email might be in.

I tried moving the email to the user’s inbox and it then shows up in his inbox. I presume this means it was in must have been moved to another file. I checked the user’s junkmail (I was informed he had already done this).

I noticed some other emails sent from internal users in there. I decided to and the address to the safe sender list. Hopefully this will fix this.

Tim

Monday, October 29, 2012 1:42 PM
  • Check for any rules as well - in both OWA and Outlook.

When you look at messge tracking, if the message was moved by a rule, it will show the folder it was moved to under the "Status" column.

Monday, October 29, 2012 3:21 PM
  • Hi,

Looks like the emails was moved to JunkMail by some policy. So please check the Junkmail options in the outlook. Please refer this article about configure junk e-mail settings in Outlook 2010: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc179183.aspx

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by Tim Friel Tuesday, October 30, 2012 7:31 PM
    Tuesday, October 30, 2012 6:35 AM
  • Hi Andy,

I can't see any evidence of rules being used by this email. I believe that Sean is correct and that the email was getting placed into the junk folder. I have added the sender to the recipients safe sender list. Thanks for all your help guys.

Tim

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 7:39 PM