ATI Catalyst Control Center will not install RRS feed

• Question

• So I've seen many threads posted on this topic but none of the solutions have worked for me thus far.

I Have an ASUS ATI Radeon HD3870x2 1gig Card that works fine at the moment but I would like the new CCC for it
    (Issues playing minecraft if anyone has information on that too...)

I have downloaded the CCC all-in-wonder installer:
    9-8_vista64_win7_64_dd_ccc_wdm_enu.exe
    from ATI/AMD but it will not install after the first couple screens:

The packages extract and run fine

The install manager starts without problems

Here's where I ask it to install, but then...

Boom goes the CCC

This happens everytime

and I can't get to the link posted in this topic:
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itprohardware/thread/e59afbf5-47f7-483c-89c1-ff8574b01872/

but I think the CCC installer I have is the one described in the topic
    Tuesday, September 1, 2009 4:05 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I also suspect there may be some conflicts. Please just disable the anti-virus software and install it to see how it works.

Meanwhile, you can also try to install it in Clean Boot environment:

Clean boot

=================

1)   Click the Start Button type "msconfig" (without quotation marks) in the Search box, and then press Enter.

Note: If prompted, please click Continue on the User Account Control (UAC) window.

2)   Click the "Services" tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click "Disable All" (if it is not gray).

3)   Click the "Startup" tab, click "Disable All" and click "OK".

Then, restart the computer. When the "System Configuration Utility" window appears, please check the "Don't show this message or launch the System Configuration Utility when Windows starts" box and click OK.

NOTE: we can go back to normal boot by running msconfig again and checking on Normal Startup in the General tab.

In the Clean Boot Environment, the third party services and applications are disabled, please check if you can install the ATI Catalyst Control Center.

If the problem does not occur, it indicates that the problem is related to one application or service we have disabled. You may use the MSCONFIG tool again to re-enable the disabled item one by one to find out the culprit.

Considering this driver software is designed by ATI, it is also recommended that you contact ATI for help and check if they have some constructive suggestions.

Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Monday, September 7, 2009 2:14 AM
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 10:48 AM

All replies

• I have a HIS HD4650 and didn't have any problems installing CCC.

Did you try running the installer as an Administrator?
    Tuesday, September 1, 2009 12:34 PM
  • Hi,

I also suspect there may be some conflicts. Please just disable the anti-virus software and install it to see how it works.

Meanwhile, you can also try to install it in Clean Boot environment:

Clean boot

=================

1)   Click the Start Button type "msconfig" (without quotation marks) in the Search box, and then press Enter.

Note: If prompted, please click Continue on the User Account Control (UAC) window.

2)   Click the "Services" tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click "Disable All" (if it is not gray).

3)   Click the "Startup" tab, click "Disable All" and click "OK".

Then, restart the computer. When the "System Configuration Utility" window appears, please check the "Don't show this message or launch the System Configuration Utility when Windows starts" box and click OK.

NOTE: we can go back to normal boot by running msconfig again and checking on Normal Startup in the General tab.

In the Clean Boot Environment, the third party services and applications are disabled, please check if you can install the ATI Catalyst Control Center.

If the problem does not occur, it indicates that the problem is related to one application or service we have disabled. You may use the MSCONFIG tool again to re-enable the disabled item one by one to find out the culprit.

Considering this driver software is designed by ATI, it is also recommended that you contact ATI for help and check if they have some constructive suggestions.

Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Monday, September 7, 2009 2:14 AM
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 10:48 AM