Message Search in FOPE RRS feed

• Question

• In FOPE, can one search for all emails sent to a specific user in a specific time range without regard to the sender's info? This would be very helpful in diagnosing 'email missing' issues.

Thanks.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 10:32 PM

Answers

• Unfortunately not - I recently submitted a request to have the message trace tool expanded to better assist administrators in their troubleshooting steps without having to contact FOPE support, and this is the reply I received:
    The FOPE trace tool was never meant to provide the additional information you are requesting. It was created to just provide sender and recipient information and as to whether if a message was successfully sent or not. At this time we do not plan on making any of the requests that you out lined below as some of it will divulge proprietary information that we are unable to divulge.
    • Marked as answer by ElanW14 Wednesday, October 12, 2011 12:25 PM
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 12:11 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I know the issue but you have to enter values in the fields for sender and recipient.

Greetings

Christian

Christian Groebner MVP Forefront
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 5:38 AM
  • Unfortunately not - I recently submitted a request to have the message trace tool expanded to better assist administrators in their troubleshooting steps without having to contact FOPE support, and this is the reply I received:
    The FOPE trace tool was never meant to provide the additional information you are requesting. It was created to just provide sender and recipient information and as to whether if a message was successfully sent or not. At this time we do not plan on making any of the requests that you out lined below as some of it will divulge proprietary information that we are unable to divulge.
    • Marked as answer by ElanW14 Wednesday, October 12, 2011 12:25 PM
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 12:11 PM
  • Strange response from them. This is actually a deal breaker for me. Seeing all emails that come to a user at the first line of defense is way too important of a feature to ignore IMHO. I think I'm going to stick with my Barracuda - it gives me far better reporting and granularity.
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 12:23 PM
  • Strange response from them. This is actually a deal breaker for me. Seeing all emails that come to a user at the first line of defense is way too important of a feature to ignore IMHO. I think I'm going to stick with my Barracuda - it gives me far better reporting and granularity.
    Yup - same thing we are starting to realize. FOPE support is WAY too painful to deal with to make up for the difference in cost...
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 3:02 PM