Deleting from the server RRS feed

• Question

•  

In the course of development we have created a few versions of objects, like data source and dashboard.

Having deployed to the production server, the additional data soure doesn't show when working in DD, but the additional (unused/unwanted) dashboard does.

When working on the Server tab it isn't possible to delete from there.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how to delete redundant items from the server?

Monday, July 21, 2008 1:56 PM

Answers

• Do you receive an error message when you're attempting to delete the dashboard from the Server tab or is the delete button completely greyed out? This may help us identify what needs to be done to get the dashboard removed from the server. Also, what permissions do the user have to the Dashboard and/or at the server level.

Dashboard Permissions: Can be found by selecting the dashboard and selecting the Properties tab.

Server Permissions: Can be found by selecting the Office button, Options, Server tab, select Connect, and then select the Permissions... button.

Thanks,

Bryan-MSFT

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 5:39 PM

All replies

• Hi Bisolman,

While testing the issue I logged in as PPSMonitoringWebServiceAppPool User.  Following are the steps:

1. Launched Dashboard Designer
    2. From Office Button | Options | Server - Connect to the Server
    3. Select Refresh
    4. Select Dashboard | Delete
    5. Select Refresh to confirm

Thank you,

Sundar - MSFT

Monday, July 21, 2008 2:25 PM
  • I'm not sure I followed the above properly. I got as far as refreshing the view.

I can't delete a dashboard from the Server tab. I can delete it from within the Workspace Browser, but it is still present on the server and so is still there when e.g. you select a dashboard to preview.

Monday, July 21, 2008 2:34 PM
  • The first is about deleting DD altogether, which is not my issue. Or is there some principle in there I should follow to remove parts of DD?

The second didn't work. I found my GUID folder and deleted it but the dashboard is still available on the list when I Preview.

Monday, July 21, 2008 3:31 PM
  • Do you receive an error message when you're attempting to delete the dashboard from the Server tab or is the delete button completely greyed out? This may help us identify what needs to be done to get the dashboard removed from the server. Also, what permissions do the user have to the Dashboard and/or at the server level.

Dashboard Permissions: Can be found by selecting the dashboard and selecting the Properties tab.

Server Permissions: Can be found by selecting the Office button, Options, Server tab, select Connect, and then select the Permissions... button.

Thanks,

Bryan-MSFT

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 5:39 PM